WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms. However, it’s annoying that it requires you to save the number to your Contacts before messaging. Imagine shopping online and then saving the number vendors to request order tracking or for any other reason?
Well, don’t worry! We have found multiple workarounds to help you send WhatsApp messages without saving contacts on your iPhone. Read on to know how!
- Send a WhatsApp message without adding contact via URL
- Turn off WhatsApp’s access to contacts on iPhone
- Reply to a number from a WhatsApp Group
- Use a Siri Shortcut to Ping Unsaved Numbers on WhatsApp for iPhone
Send a WhatsApp message without adding contact via URL
This is the easiest method to send a WhatsApp message without adding a contact. Additionally, the website belongs to WhatsApp.
- Open Browser and type https://wa.me/PhoneNumber.
Replace “Phone Number” with the contact number you want to text with the country code.
- Tap Open on the next page.
- You can now message the person directly on WhatsApp.
Turn off WhatsApp’s access to contacts on iPhone
If the previous method didn’t fit your need, you could turn off WhatsApp’s contact access. This will result in you losing the names of all the users you already have conversations with. Besides, you cannot initiate new conversations with saved numbers and will have to manually type the numbers.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Privacy and then tap Contacts.
- Toggle off WhatsApp.
- Now, open WhatsApp and tap the Start New Chat option.
- Type the phone number.
That’s it! You can now start a chat on WhatsApp without adding a contact.
This method allows you to WhatsApp message someone not in your contacts but in a common WhatsApp group. You can message them directly from the chat or the group info. For the former, follow these steps:
- Long-press the person’s message.
- Tap More.
- Select Reply Privately.
There’s another method:
- Tap group info.
- Scroll down to Participants and tap the contact.
- In the user’s profile, tap message and done.
Use a Siri Shortcut to ping unsaved numbers on WhatsApp for iPhone
You can also start a chat on WhatsApp without saving contact through Apple’s Shortcut app. Here’s how:
- Download and add this WhatsApp Unsaved Number shortcut.
- Head to Shortcuts App.
- Select the WhatsApp Unsaved Number shortcut.
- Enter the country code and contact number.
You don’t need to add the symbol of the country code.
- Now, you will be redirected to the chat without saving the number.
These were some of the best ways to message someone on WhatsApp without adding their contact through an iPhone. If you come across a better and easier option to do the same, share it in the comments below for our readers.
- How to schedule WhatsApp messages on iPhone
- How to fix WhatsApp not backing up to iCloud
- Can’t save WhatsApp photos and videos on iPhone?
- How to use WhatsApp Communities on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.