Dark Mode on iOS is an excellent feature to reduce glare on your screen, preserve battery life, or even just to switch things up a little.
As the name suggests, it darkens the visual appearance of your iPhone or iPad’s display. This aids in reducing eye strain caused by looking at the screen, particularly in low-light conditions.
Moreover, it can even help boost your device’s battery life. So let’s learn how to turn on Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad.
- How to turn on Dark Mode: iPhone or iPad Control Center
- How to turn on Dark Mode from Settings
- How to automatically turn on/off Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
How to turn on Dark Mode: iPhone or iPad Control Center
There are multiple ways to enable Dark Mode. However, the easiest way to get it done is through the Control Center.
- On iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, swipe up from the bottom. On iPhone X or later (and iPad) swipe down from the top right corner to access Control Center.
- Now, tap and hold the display brightness control option.
- You’ll see a new option called Appearance Light. Tap it, and Dark Mode will take over your entire device’s UI in the blink of an eye.
It will darken the whole user interface, and even showcase its appealing impact in all compatible apps.
How to turn on Dark Mode from Settings
- Open Settings → Display & Brightness.
- Now, select Dark to put this feature into action.
That’s all you need to do to use Dark Mode on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to turn off Dark Mode (switch back to Light), just toggle the same setting back to Light at any time.
How to automatically turn on/off Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
One thing worth noting is that you can also set this feature to activate automatically based on a certain time of day.
To do so, under Settings → Display & Brightness, choose Dark and then toggle Automatic on. After that, tap Options. Then, depending on how you want to use Dark Mode, choose Sunset to Sunrise or go with a Custom Schedule as per your preferences.
Now, you probably already know how to disable Dark Mode from Control Center, but we’ll walk you through it just in case.
Simply bring up Control Center → Touch and hold the brightness control slider → Then tap on Appearance Dark and you’re good to go.
Now that you’ve gotten your hands on these useful features, let us know your thoughts. Do you like Dark Mode better than Light Mode? We definitely do!
Any more questions? Share them with us in the comments below. We’ll do our best to help you out!
You may also like: