I know the jarring pain in the eyes from surfing through a bright iPhone screen at midnight. Embrace the Dark Mode in your life to get rid of this. In this guide, I’ll share how to enable Dark Mode on your iPhone so you can have a minimalist aesthetic, a way to save battery life or reduce eye strain.
- How to turn on Dark Mode on iPhone
- How to automatically turn on/off Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
- Benefits of using Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad
How to turn on Dark Mode on iPhone
iOS lets you apply a dark theme across the interface and apps in one tap. So, you don’t need to enable dark mode for each app. Besides, multiple methods exist to put your iPhone in dark mode or disable it. Let’s go through:
Method 1: From Control Center
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your home screen.
- Press and hold the brightness bar.
- Tap Dark Mode.
If you’re seeking a much darker screen, adjust the brightness slider to your convenience.
This process will darken the user interface and showcase its appealing impact in all compatible apps.
Method 2: From Settings
- Access Settings → Navigate to Display & Brightness.
- Enable the Dark Mode.
Your device will now change its appearance accordingly. If you wish to revert these changes, simply follow the steps again and select Light Mode.
How to automatically turn on/off Dark Mode on iPhone or iPad
If you would like to save yourself the hassle of manually changing the visual of your iPhone, there is an easy way to do so.
- Go to Settings → Display & Brightness.
- Toggle on Automatic mode → Tap Options.
- Select Custom Schedule → Set a time frame for Light and Dark modes.
By doing so, you can automate the activation of Dark Mode for your iPhone for a designated time frame.
Benefits of using Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad
With an understanding of how Dark Mode can be enabled or disabled on your devices, let’s look at some of its benefits.
- Dark Mode significantly reduces eye strain and visual fatigue by minimizing the blue light emitting from your device.
- It promotes relaxation and better sleep quality, especially when using devices for extended periods in darker environments or at night.
- The dark interface lends a sleek and stylish appearance to apps and menus, making them visually appealing.
- Dark Mode on OLED screens conserves battery life by illuminating fewer pixels, resulting in extended usage.
- By reducing screen glare and increasing contrast ratios, Dark Mode improves accessibility for individuals with visual impairments or sensitivity to bright lights.
In summary, enabling Dark Mode on iPhone and iPad devices provides ergonomic benefits, increases energy efficiency, enhances aesthetics, and promotes inclusivity, improving user experience across various contexts.
Dark Mode is designed to enhance visibility in low-light conditions. Most apps and content adapt well to the dark theme, but some may require adjustments by app developers for optimal readability.
Apple has included system-wide Dark Mode in iOS 13. So, if you have an iPhone 6S or newer, you can apply the dark theme.
If you can’t switch back to the Light theme on your iPhone, try to disable the Automatic mode from the Display & Brightness menu in Settings.
The dark mode rises!
As the day transitions into night, it’s time to dim the lights on your iPhone. I hope this comprehensive guide has helped you to effortlessly enable Dark Mode on your iPhone. So, give your eyes a break, conserve that battery, and embrace the elegance of the dark side.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to turn on Dark Mode on Mac
- How to turn on Instagram Dark Mode on iPhone
- How to make your iPhone screen darker
- How to turn on Facebook Dark Mode on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.