On various occasions I required to convert PDF file to Word on my Mac. Recently, I have shared a post on how to covert PDF to Word on your iPhone or iPad. Today, I am going to share five easy methods to change PDF to Word on Mac. Let’s jump on it!
- How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free Using Preview App
- How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free with Google Docs
- How Do I Convert a PDF to Word File using Adobe Acrobat
- How Can We Change a PDF into a Word Document or Word to PDF Online for Free
- How to Convert PDF to Word Documents on Mac using Third-Party Apps
How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free Using Preview App
I can guarantee that you have this method figured out. Nevertheless, here is something to refresh your memory.
Double click on a PDF to open it in Preview, which is a default app on every Mac. Now select the text or press Command (⌘) + A to select everything.
Next, open Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or any offline or online word processor and press Command (⌘) + V to paste the text. Finally, you can export the file in Word format.
How to Convert PDF to Word on Mac for Free with Google Docs
Step #1. Login to Google Drive and upload the PDF you want to convert.
Step #2. Click on the Settings icon from top right, select Settings, check the box for Convert uploads, and click DONE.
Step #3. Now, right-click on the PDF you have just uploaded, and select Open with → Google Docs. It will open in a new tab.
Step #4. Click on File from top left. Place your mouse pointer on Download and click on Microsoft Word (.docx)
The PDF will instantly download as a Word File.
Additional Method: While I recommend the above method, you may also follow a way that eliminates the use of Google Drive. Go to Google Docs, click on Blank → File → Open → Upload → Select a file from your device → Open with → Google Docs → and follow the Step #4 above.
How Do I Convert a PDF to Word File using Adobe Acrobat
Did you know that Adobe developed and created Portable Document Format (PDF)? So, there is no hesitation in saying that Adobe makes some of the finest tools for creating, viewing, editing, and converting PDFs.
Adobe Acrobat Export PDF lets you convert and export an unlimited number of PDFs to Word or Excel. It delivers incredibly accurate results. However, this service is not free. It costs $1.99 per month.
How Can We Change a PDF into a Word Document or Word to PDF Online for Free
Several websites let you convert PDF files to Word on Mac. Since you can access these sites from a browser on any operating system, it is good to know about a few of them. Here are some of the best websites that convert PDF to Word online for free.
Please Note: When you upload your PDF to these sites, they are processed on their server. So, you have to wait for a while.
How to Convert PDF to Word Documents on Mac using Third-Party Apps
You can download apps to convert PDF to Word from the Mac App Store and official app websites. Most of them work offline, while a few may require an internet connection.
These are the best third-party apps to convert PDF to Word on Mac.
- PDF Element 7: We reviewed this Mac app and found it to be great.
- EasePDF: We recommend it as we found it to be efficient.
- Wondershare PDF Converter for Mac
- Mac PDF Converter Ultimate
- Cisdem PDF Converter OCR for Mac
These were the most straightforward ways to convert a PDF to Word on Mac. Which approach did you find the easiest and choose for your use? Share your thoughts in the comments down below. Also, mention any additional method or app you like that does this job.
You will love to read…
- How to Password Protect PDF Files on Mac
- Steps to Encrypt a PDF File on iPhone or iPad
- How to Save and Share Webpage as PDF in Safari on iPhone
- How to Edit PDF Files On your iPhone or iPad with Best PDF Editor Apps