PDFs are a part of our everyday life. They are necessary for our duties and for storing official data. At times, due to various purposes, the necessity to convert a PDF file to Word arises. We’ll be going through how to convert PDFs to Word today because they hold dynamic data that has to be updated often. Converting PDF to Word on a Mac is not a difficult operation, and below are 5 ways how you can do it.
- Use Automator app
- Use Google Docs
- Use Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Use online converters
- 5 Best PDF to Word converters for Mac
Converting PDF to Word using Automator app on Mac
- Launch Automator.
- Choose Workflow and hit Choose button.
- From the left column, select Files and Folders → then double-click Ask for Finder Items.
- Now, go back to the left pane, and click PDFs → then either drag or double-click Extract PDF Text.
- Select Rich Text from the dialog box.
- Choose the location where you want to Save the Automator extracted file too.
- Then on top of your screen, click File → select Save, and change the file format to Application.
- Now, go to the application and select the PDF you want to convert to Word.
Convert PDF to Word on Mac for free with Google Docs
- Log in to Google Drive.
- Upload the PDF you want to convert.
- Click the Settings icon in the top-right corner.
- Check the box next to Convert Uploads and click Done.
- Right-click on the PDF file and choose Open with Google Docs.
- Additionally, to download the file in Word format, follow the following steps:
File → Download → Microsoft Word (.docx).
Convert using Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat.
- Choose Export PDF from the right column.
- Choose Microsoft Word to export your PDF to any format.
- Click the Export button.
- Select file location.
- Change the file name and click Save.
Use online PDF to Word converters
You can convert PDF files to Word on Mac using several websites. Being aware of a handful of these sites is beneficial because you may visit them from a browser on any operating system. Here are some of the top websites for free online PDF to Word conversion.
Note: It might take some time to convert your PDFs after you upload them to any of the above-mentioned sites, as these are processed on their servers.
5 Best PDF to Word converters for Mac
Apps that convert PDF to Word are available for download from the Mac Program Store and the respective app’s websites. Most of them operate without an internet connection, but a handful might.
- PDF Element 7: We reviewed this Mac app and found it to be great.
- EasePDF: We recommend it as we found it to be efficient.
- Wondershare PDF Converter for Mac
- Mac PDF Converter Ultimate
- Cisdem PDF Converter OCR for Mac
Yes, we do have a Telegram bot called File Converter that can convert PDF files to Word files.
These were the simplest methods for converting a PDF to Word on a Mac. Which method did you find to be the simplest? Post your thoughts in the comments section below. Please feel free to add more techniques or apps that can get the job done.