The images stored on your iPhone are likely in a variety of different file types (like HEIC, JPEG, PNG, etc.) Most of these file formats are compatible with all major platforms. However, you might have to save photos to PDF for paper-work documentation, classwork, or other specific purposes.
In this guide, I will show you 3 ways to convert photo to pdf on iPhone and iPad.
- How to convert a picture to PDF on iPhone using Printer Options
- Save photos as PDFs on iPhone and iPad using the Files app
- Video: Convert photos to PDFs using the Shortcuts app
How to convert a picture to PDF on iPhone using Printer Options
- Open Photos on your iPhone and tap Albums. Now, tap Select and choose one or multiple images.
- Tap Share.
- Choose Print from the Share Sheet.
- Using two fingers on the photo preview, pinch outwards to save the photo as a PDF.
- Select the photos and tap Share.
- Tap Books on the Share Sheet. Swipe horizontally on the row of app icons, if needed.
- The photos will automatically convert into a PDF file and open in Books. It will be saved there.
- Tap the screen and then tap the back arrow to go back.
- Next, tap More (three dots).
You can learn more about Books in our full guide.
Save photos as PDF on iPhone and iPad using the Files app
Files lets you quickly create PDFs. However, the photo must be saved under Files. So, if you already have images here, continue with the following steps. If they are in Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. you can see how to enable these third-party cloud services inside Files.
Or, to copy the pictures from Photos to Files: Select the images inside Photos → tap Share button → Save to Files.
Once that’s out of the way, here are the steps to create a PDF from Photos on the iPhone.
- Open Files and locate the image.
- To convert a single image into a PDF: Long press on the image and choose Create PDF.
- To convert several images into PDF: Tap More (three dots inside a circle) from the top right and tap on Select.
- Now, tap multiple photos. Once done, tap More from the bottom right and choose Create PDF.
Files will make a PDF out of those images. It will get saved in the same location as the original pictures. You can see our full guide on using Files to copy, move, or share this PDF.
Video: Convert photos to PDFs using the Shortcuts App
We hope this guide helped you convert photos to PDF on your iPhone or iPad. All three methods are equally viable, but my favorite one involves using the Books app. With this method, the PDF is created quickly and safely saved there for future use.
You can also use third-party apps like PDF Expert (image to PDF conversion is a Pro feature).