You have images in various file formats like HEIC, JPEG, PNG, etc. on your iPhone. Most of these file formats are compatible with all major platforms. However, you might have to save photos to pdf for paper-work documentation or other specific purposes. In this guide, I will show how you three ways to convert any photo to pdf on iPhone and iPad.
- How to Convert a Photo to PDF from Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
- Save Photos as PDF on iPhone and iPad Using Files App
How to Convert a Photo to PDF from Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and tap on Albums. Now, tap on Select and choose one or multiple images.
- Tap on the Share button.
- Choose Print from the Share Sheet.
- Put two fingers on the photo preview and pinch out to Save PDF option.
- Tap on the Share icon again and select how you’d like to share converted photo to PDF file.
Use Books App from Share Sheet to Turn a Picture into a PDF
The initial steps here are similar to above.
- Select the photos and tap on the Share button.
- Tap on Books from the Share Sheet. Swipe horizontally on the row of app icons, if needed.
- The photos will automatically convert into a PDF file and open in the Books app. It will get saved there.
- Tap on the screen and then tap on < to go back.
- Next, tap on the More icon (three dots).
- Select the Share PDF to send it via any medium.
You can learn more about the Books app in our full guide.
Save Photos as PDF on iPhone and iPad Using Files App
The inbuilt Files app lets you quickly create PDFs. However, for this, the photo must be saved in it. So, if you already have images here, please get on with the steps. If they are in Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc. you can see how to enable these third-party cloud services inside the Files app.
Or, to copy the pictures from the Photos app to the Files app: Select the images inside the Photos app → tap on the Share button → Save to Files.
Once things are set, here are the steps to create a PDF from Photos on the iPhone.
- Open the Files app and locate the image.
- To convert a single image into PDF: Long press on the image and choose Create PDF.
- To convert several images into PDF: Tap on the ellipsis icon (three dots inside a circle) from the top right and tap on Select. Now, tap on multiple photos. Once done, tap on the ellipsis icon from the bottom right and choose Create PDF.
The Files app will make a PDF out of those images. It will get saved in the same location as the original pictures. You can see our full guide on using the Files app to copy, move, or share this PDF.
I hope the above guide helped you to convert photos to PDF on iPhone. All three methods are equally friendly. But my favorite one involves using the Books app. With this, the PDF is created quickly and safely saved there for future use.
Besides, you can also use third-party apps like PDF Expert (image to PDF conversion is a Pro feature).Convert Photos to PDF on iPhone
- Turn Live Photos into GIFs on iPhone and iPad
- Add Caption to Photos and Videos in iOS 14
- How to Get Metadata of Photos on iPhone
- How to Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone or iPad