The feature to save a webpage as a PDF on iPhone and iPad is a boon for every avid reader. When you spot an article worth reading or a website that catches your fancy, you can simply take it offline by converting it into a PDF. You can return to the saved PDF for referencing or a quick read anytime you want.
Saving the web page as PDF is very simple but depends upon the iOS version and the web browser you prefer, there are four ways to do so. Let’s check out each one!
- How to Save a Full-Page Screenshot as a PDF in iOS 13 Safari
- How to Save a Webpage as a PDF Using Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
- How to Save Webpage as PDF from Any Browser using Shortcuts
- How to Save a Webpage as PDF in iOS 12 Safari
How to Save a Full-Page Screenshot as a PDF in iOS 13 Safari
Here we take advantage of a relatively new feature added in iOS 13. When you take a full-page screenshot of the webpage.
- Launch the Safari app on your iPhone and open the web page of your choice. Note: Before the next step, ensure that the page is loaded completely. Or else, you’ll not be able to save the full-page as PDF later on
- Now take a screenshot. (Press and hold Side & Volume Up button or Home button & Sleep button, once)
- Tap on the screenshot preview from the bottom-left corner. In the new window, select the Full Page option from the top-right corner.
- You can save the PDF file, from this page
- To Save the PDF – Tap on Done and select Save PDF to Files. Depending upon your preference, Save the PDF either on iPhone or Cloud. And then tap on Save.
And that’s all there is for this method. However, if you are not a fan of taking a screenshot, there is another handy way to convert the webpage into PDF.
How to Save a Webpage as a PDF Using Share Sheet on iPhone and iPad
Share Sheet is basically the menu options that show-up when you tap on the Share icon from any app. In Safari, there is a not-so-hidden hack that can convert the webpage to PDF before you save or share.
- Open Safari and the Website you want to save as PDF
- Tap on the Share icon from the bottom of the page
- Select Options from the top section of the Share Sheet.
- Here Select PDF and then Done.
- You will now return to the Share Sheet, tap on Save to Files.
- Select the location and tap on Save.
How to Save Webpage as PDF from Any Browser using Shortcuts
But what if you use Chrome, Firefox or any other web browser over Safari? Well, don’t worry as a neat Shortcut dubbed as Make PDF can do the job for on any web browser like Google Chrome, Firefox.
- Open the Shortcuts app and select the Gallary tab from the button right of the page.
- In the Search bar, type Make PDF and search
- Tap on ‘+’ to add the Shortcut to your gallery
- Now select Add Shortcut to confirm the action. Once the Shortcut is added, you can save a webpage as a PDF from any browser
- Launch the Chrome browser and open the website of your choosing
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Scroll down and select Make PDF and tap on OK.
- Wait for the Shortcut to generate the PDF file, tap on the Share icon.
- Here, you can either save the file via Save To Files or share it directly by selecting the contact or the app.
I must say Siri Shortcuts have indeed made our life pretty easy. And this particular one should be part of every iPhone user arsenal, who does not prefer Safari as their default browser.
How to Save a Webpage as PDF in iOS 12 Safari
- Launch Safari on your iOS device
- Next, head over to any site and then the webpage which you want to save as PDF
- Tap on the Share button.
- In the Share sheet, tap on Create PDF.
- Once, PDF is created, tap on Done.
- Tap on Save File to…
- Select the location and save the web page as PDF.
So, that’s the simplest way to save a webpage into PDF on iPhone or iPad! Have any feedback for us? It would be great to have your views in the comments.
Here are some more PDF-related articles, you will surely enjoy: