In iOS 13, the Share Sheet saw a complete redesign. It performs the same actions as before, but it has improved and expanded. Overall, things look excellent. However, not everybody uses the same default apps or the same inbuilt actions in a fixed order of choice. Thus it is a great idea to rearrange and customize the Share Sheet on iPhone running iOS 13 according to preference. Let us see how you can do it!
- How to Customize the App Sharing Bar on iPhone or iPad
- How to Customize the Action Sheet on iPhone or iPad
How to Customize the App Sharing Bar on iPhone or iPad
App Sharing Bar is the horizontal row that has the AirDrop icon and inbuilt as well as third party app icons for sharing. Let me show you how to add a favorite app to it, remove the ones you don’t use, and rearrange the order.
- Inside any app, tap on Share icon.
- Swipe right to left to end and tap on More.
- Tap on Edit.
- Tap the red minus button and then tap on Remove. This will remove the app from Favorites.
- Touch and hold the three lines icon on the right. Now move the app up or down to rearrange its position.
- From Suggestions, tap on the green plus button to add an app to Favorites.
- Tap the toggle to enable or disable that particular app from appearing in the horizontal sharing bar.
You can turn off the toggle to disable a third-party app from appearing in the sharing bar. You can not do so with all Apple apps. Some like Apple Notes and Reminders can be disabled from the Sharing Sheet: Message, Mail, and Books can only be pushed to the end. They can’t be removed entirely.
How to Customize the Action Sheet on iPhone or iPad
Action Sheet on iPhone is divided into three parts. They are favorites, particular app-specific App Actions, and other actions and shortcuts. Here is how to add, remove, and rearrange these options and personalize the experience.
- Open Photos app, tap on select and choose photos.
- Tap on the Share Icon.
- Scroll to the end and tap on Edit Actions.
- To rearrange favorite actions, touch and hold the three lines icon and move it up or down.
- To remove an action from your list of favorites, tap the red minus button. Finally, tap on Remove.
- To add an action to favorites, tap the green plus button.
- To enable or disable certain supported actions, tap on the toggle switch.
Please note that in the Action Sheet, you can only rearrange those options that are added to favorites.
That’s all, mate!
This is how you can customize the Share Sheet on your iPhone or iPad. I do not use Messages, so I have this at last. Similarly, I use actions like Save to Files and Add to Album a lot. So, they are on top of my favorites. You, too, can set these according to your usage.
Finally, you may be interested in knowing a way to remove contacts from the Share Sheet.
Take a look at these interesting posts:
- How to Share Apple Music Songs to Instagram Stories
- How to Delete Safari Reading List on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to Share Contacts from One iPhone to Another iPhone
If you have further questions or confusion, feel welcome to use the comment box below.