Apple Watch is capable to last the whole day for most people under regular use. But if you forgot to charge or have to be somewhere without the watch charger, it becomes essential to know the remaining battery level. There is more than one way to check the battery life of Apple Watch. You can do it from the device itself or use the paired iPhone. Let me show you the steps for both.
- How to Check Battery Life on Apple Watch
- How to See Apple Watch Battery Life on iPhone
- Add a Battery Life Complication to Watch Face
- How to Check Apple Watch Battery Usage
How to Check Battery Life on Apple Watch
By following the below steps, you can know the battery level while you are wearing the watch on your wrist.
- Open the Control Center. For this, swipe up from the bottom of the watch screen. Enter the passcode if asked
- You will see the battery percentage
- Additionally, you may tap on the percentage to expand it. Here you will see the option for Power Reserve mode. If AirPods are connected with your Apple Watch, you will also see their battery status.
How to See Apple Watch Battery Life on iPhone
The Batteries widget on the paired iPhone displays the usage stats of the Apple Watch. Here is how.
- Swipe right from the iPhone’s Home screen
- Scroll down and tap on Edit.
- Tap the green plus icon for Batteries
- Tap Done. The battery widget is added to the Today view
- Here you will see the battery status of your iPhone, paired Apple Watch, AirPods, and other compatible Bluetooth devices connected with your iOS device.
Add a Battery Life Complication to Watch Face
In addition to the above two methods, you can also add a battery complication to the watch face. However, there are only specific watch faces which allow you to add battery life complications such as Chronograph, Utility, Modular, Color, and Simple. You can’t add it to watch faces like Mickey, X-Large, Solar, Motion, and Astronomy.
How to Check Apple Watch Battery Usage
In case you are curious about monitoring about Apple Watch battery usages, like the time since last full charge, there is an option to dig deep. Let me show you how.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app
- Tap on General.
- You will see the General settings for your watchOS wearable. Scroll down and tap on Usage.
- Scroll down to the end, and you will see Usage and Standby. These show the time since your watch has been active. It also lets you know the duration it has been in standby mode since the last charge.
This is how you can check battery usage of your Apple Watch Series 5 or earlier model. Finally, when your Watch is charging in Nightstand mode, tap the green lightning bolt icon to see the battery percentage. If needed, check our recommendation and grab one of the best charging stands for your Apple Watch.