Want to show off your awesome Apple Watch face to your friends and family? With watchOS 10, it’s easier than ever to share your custom watch faces. In this quick guide, we’ll show you how to share your watch faces using your iPhone or Apple Watch. Additionally, we’ll also demonstrate ways to add the shared watch face via iMessage, third-party apps, and Mac. But first, take a look at some pre-requisites.
Things to know before sharing watch faces:
- Your iPhone should be running on iOS 14 or later.
- You must be equipped with an Apple Watch SE, Series 3, or the latest model.
- The Apple Watch should be running on watchOS 10.
- Set up and activate iMessage and the Mail app.
- How to share Watch faces via Apple Watch
- How to share watch face via Watch app on iPhone
- Share watch faces using third-party apps
- How to add shared Apple Watch faces
- How to download watch faces online
- Press and hold the watch face you seek to share.
- Tap the Share icon when prompted.
- Tap the Compilation option and select if you wish to include data or not.
- Now, you can choose from the suggested receivers.
- If not, scroll down and select from iMessage or Mail.
I have opted for the Mail app.
- Enter the recipient details as required.
- You can further add a Custom Message if required.
- Hit Send to conclude the process.
This process works well even if you’ve added complications to the watch face. However, with the Apple Watch, you can share one watch face at a time with as many users as you like.
iPhones make sharing watch faces easier than Apple Watches. Unlike the Apple Watch, you can also share watch faces via multimedia platforms and AirDrop. Here’s how you can do the same:
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch menu.
- Select a watch face that you want to share.
Alternatively, you can head to the Face Gallery menu and proceed with an existing watch face.
- Tap the Share icon from the top-right corner.
- When induced, tap Options.
- Now, modify the sharing data of complications with the face as per your preference.
- Once updated, tap Done from the top-right corner.
- Finally, proceed as you like with the options featured in the Share Sheet.
- You can even select the Save to Files option → Save to keep the watch face in iCloud Drive or locally.
In watchOS 10, Apple introduced the ability to share Apple Watch faces with other third-party apps, greatly enhancing the customization options available for users. As of now, this only works with iPhones.
- As soon as you share a watch face and land on Share Sheet, a list of compatible apps will appear.
- Upon selecting an app, it will prompt a preview of how the face will appear on their platform.
- Simply follow through like you normally do for the rest of your files or photos.
- Hit Send to conclude.
Sharing unique watch faces with friends and family has never been easier! This feature is perfect for those who value convenience and want to personalize their Apple Watch in ways that were not possible before.
Now that you have a complete understanding of sharing the Apple Watch face let’s figure out possible ways of adding those to your wrist companion.
- Launch the Message app on your Apple Watch.
- Go to the text you received.
- Simply tap on the Watch Face and hit Add when prompted.
You can repeat the same on your iPhone as well. It will instantly reflect on your Apple Watch.
From third-party apps
Watch faces shared via third-party apps are highlighted with the “.watchface” extension. This makes it pretty simple to locate the watch face externally.
- Simply head to the app or folder where you received the watch face.
- Open the file.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Now, choose My Watch from the share sheet.
- Hit Add to My Faces when prompted.
- That’s it. You can find the respective watch face in the My Watch app.
If there are complications on your Watch face from apps that you haven’t installed yet, you will be prompted to install them. Alternatively, you can tap Continue Without This App to skip the installation.
In the event you have shared a watch face via AirPod, the Add to My Faces option will be directly reflected on your iPhone screen.
In the scenario where a watch face was AirDropped on your Mac, you don’t have to manually send it back to your Apple Watch or iPhone. It may sound weird, but you can add a watch face directly from your Mac. To comply,
- Go to the watch face on your Mac.
- Right-click the file and choose Open with.
- Select Watch Face Help to proceed.
- Click Send when prompted to conclude the process.
- In this instance, you’ll receive a ping on the Apple Watch.
- On the interface of your Apple Watch, tap Add Face when prompted.
How to download watch faces online
The possibility of scoring a unique watch face is not limited to users around you. There is a vast ocean of watch faces surfing on the internet. To save you the trouble, here’s a well-crafted list of the best Apple Watch face apps, known for their quirky and amazing designs.
With the help of such third-party apps, users can get going with the desired watch face in a jiffy. In most cases:
- Opening the file will prompt them to choose between adding it to their Apple Watch Faces library or opening it in the Watch app for previewing.
- Upon selecting either option, the newly downloaded face becomes available for customization through the Face Gallery feature within the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- These steps may vary based on the app you’ve downloaded.
This new feature in watchOS 10 offers a vast array of personalized watch faces created by users, allowing for limitless customization of the Apple Watch experience.
Yes, Apple values your privacy. You have control over what information is shared when you send a watch face.
Yes, when you share a watch face, it includes all the custom complications and their configurations.
A gift you can share!
This is your ticket to transforming your Apple Watch into a canvas of self-expression. With watchOS 10, sharing your carefully crafted watch face is a breeze. So, go ahead and let your personality shine on the faces of those around you. Until next time, keep ticking and sharing those stylish seconds.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- Best Christmas Apple Watch faces
- How to add and customize Snoopy watch face on your Apple Watch
- How to set Portrait photos as Apple watch face
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.