The redesigned Safari start page was first introduced in Mac OS Big Sur and then rolled out to iOS 15 and iPad OS 15. With that, Apple has given its legacy browser, Safari, a fresh new start (being honest, a much-needed reset).
One of the features included in the mix is customizing the Safari start page or home page to your preference. And with the introduction of iOS 16, we can have different start page settings for different Tab Groups. How? Follow the step-by-step guide to customize the Safari start page on your iPhone and iPad.
How to edit Safari start page on iPhone
In Safari, the start page is usually packed with bookmarked sites, frequently visited websites, privacy reports, items on the reading list, and so much more! However, you can personalize the Safari start page to only show sections you wish to see.
- Open Safari and stay on the start page or open a new tab.
- Scroll down and tap Edit.
- Toggle off the options you do not want on the Customize Start Page.
- You may also rearrange the order by touching the three lines icon and dragging it up or down.
Anytime you change your mind, follow the same steps to remove or add more sections.
How to add a background image to Safari start page
Traditionally, browsers have been that plain white backgrounds, but with this edit option, Apple has tried adding a pinch of glamor to it. What’s more, seeing elements you like keeps you fresh, motivated, and focused on the task.
You can use one of the wallpapers by Apple or choose a custom image from your Photos app. Here’s how.
- Open Safari.
- Scroll down and tap Edit.
- Toggle on Background Image.
- Tap a wallpaper or the plus icon to choose an image from the iPhone Camera Roll.
- Tap X to close this screen.
You will see the selected image as the background for Safari’s start page.
How to change background for Safari Tab Group in iOS 16
From iOS 16, the start page customization option will not be applied to all the Tab Groups. So, if you have multiple Tab Groups in action, you’ll have to change them individually.
- Go to desired Tab Group start page.
- Tap the edit button.
- Customize the page with the steps mentioned above.
And that’s it.
The start page is our door to everything we will be doing in the browser. When you launch the browser, it’s the first page you are introduced to.
Thankfully, we can easily edit or customize the iPhone Safari browser’s home page. Hope you enjoy customizing your Safari comment; if you liked it, share if you found it helpful.
You may also like:
- Safari tips and tricks for iPhone
- How to prevent websites from tracking you in Safari on iPhone
- How to use Safari Tab Groups on Mac
- Customize and share website settings in Safari on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.