WhatsApp Payment has been rolled out in India. But the update hasn't yet reached to all users. Hence, the chorus called “can't see Payments in WhatsApp on my iPhone/Android device” has just gone louder.
If you are also wondering why WhatsApp Payment isn't yet available on my mobile, there is an easy way to fix this disappointment. As this tricked has worked for many of my friends, I can say with full confidence that it will, ten to one, click for you as well. So, without making much ado, let's cut the chase!
Cannot See “Payments” Option in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android? Try Out This Simple Trick to Bring It ON
Solution #1: Update Your App to the Latest Version
Step #1. First and foremost, update WhatsApp to the Latest Version, if you haven't done it as yet.
Step #2. To do so;
- On your iPhone: Open App Store → tap on Updates tab at the bottom → then tap on Update button next to WhatsApp.
- On your Android Device: Open Play Store → tap on the menu button at the top left corner of the screen → tap on My apps & games → tap on Update button next to WhatsApp.
Step #3. Once you have updated the messaging app, open it.
- On your iPhone: Tap on Settings tab at the bottom → now you should see “Payments” option.
- On your Android device: Tap on the three dots at the top right corner → tap on Settings. Most likely, Payments option should be available now.
Solution #2: Tell Your Friend to Attempt to Send You Money
If the first trick didn't work and you still don't the peer-to-peer money transfer feature in the messaging app, ask one of your friends (who can use this feature) to attempt to send you money.
- On iPhone: Launch WhatsApp → open the conversation → tap on “+” button and select Payment.
- On your Android device: Launch WhatsApp → open the conversation → tap on clip icon and select Payment.
When your friend taps on Payment, he/she will get an alert saying something like, “XXX needs to update WhatsApp to be able to receive money.”
Now, force quit WhatsApp if it's open on your device.
- On your iPhone: Double press the Home button to bring up App Switcher and then swipe up on the app card to kill it. (On your iPhone X, swipe up from the gesture bar and hold. Now, touch and hold the app card you want to force close. Then, either swipe up on the app card or tap on the “-“ red button to close it.)
- On your Android Device: On the most android device, app switcher button is located at the bottom right corner. Then, swipe up on the app card to close it.
Next, restart your device. Once your device has rebooted, open WhatsApp and check out if Payments option is available.
Most probably, it would be up and ready to let you send/receive money.
If WhatsApp Payment has become available on your device, follow this complete guide to set up and use the peer-to-peer money transfer feature.
You might want to read these posts as well:
- How to Send/Receive Money Using Facebook Messenger
- How to Manage Apple Pay Cash Account
- How to Reject or Cancel Apple Pay Cash