Apple offers various subscription services like Apple Music, Apple TV+, higher iCloud storage, News+, Apple Arcade, and Fitness+. Earlier, you had to purchase these individually. But now Apple One assembles all these services into one bundle. This declutters your subscription list and also offers a significant discount. Let me tell you how to sign up for Apple One on iPhone and iPad and subscribe to it.
- Apple One Bundle
- How to Sign Up for Apple One on iPhone and iPad
- Sign Up for Apple One via Apple Store on iOS Devices
- How to Change Your Apple One Subscription on iOS Devices
- How to Cancel Apple One Plan on iPhone and iPad
- Some Must-Know Points Regarding Apple One
- How Much Money You Save with Apple One Subscription
Apple One Bundle
- Individual Plan costs $14.95 per month. It includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Arcade (Apple’s ad-free gaming subscription), and 50GB of iCloud storage. This can not be shared with family members.
- Family Plan costs $19.95 per month. It includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 200GB of iCloud storage. As evident from the name, it can be shared with up to five more family members (including you six).
- Premier Plan costs $29.95 per month. It includes Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, 2TB of iCloud storage, Apple News+, and Apple Fitness+. You can share this subscription with up to five other family members (including you six). As of now, this plan is available only in the USA, Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Extra Info: Apple TV+ and Apple Arcade already have Family Sharing built-in.
Which devices and operating systems you need for Apple One?
You can subscribe to Apple One via any of the following devices.
- iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 14
- iPad running iPadOS 14
- Mac running macOS Big Sur
Thus, if you are not on the latest version of iOS, please update your iPhone or iPad.
After you subscribe to Apple One (using one of the above devices), you can enjoy the bundled services (Apple Music, TV+, News, Arcade, iCloud Storage, Fitness+) on any device that has the capability to run those specific services. This includes (but is not limited to):
- iPhone or iPod touch even if they are running iOS 12 or iOS 13.
- Apple Watch (Fitness+ requires Series 3 and above)
- Most iPads, modern Macs, any capable Apple TV
- Android phone and tablets (Apple Music)
- Web (Apple Music and Apple TV+)
- Select smart TVs (Apple Music and Apple TV+)
- Other third‑party streaming devices (Apple Music and Apple TV+)
Now that you are aware of the essentials, here is how you can sign up for Apple One.
How to Sign Up for Apple One on iPhone and iPad
- Open the Setting app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name from the top.
- Tap on Subscriptions.
- On the top, you should see Get Apple One. Tap on it.
- Apple automatically recommends the best pack that saves you money. But the final decision is obviously yours. Choose from Individual, Family, or Premier packs and tap on Start Free Trial. Confirm the subscription via Touch ID, Face ID, or Apple ID password. If you have payment troubles, see how to add or change the Apple ID payment method. Finally, tap on Done and enjoy the services in their corresponding individual apps.
How to Sign Up for Apple One via Apple Store on iOS Devices
- Open the App Store and tap on your profile picture from the top right.
- Tap on Subscriptions.
- Tap on Get Apple One, choose the desired plan and tap on Start Free Trial. Now, you will see when your free trial ends, when you will be billed, etc. Take a good look and confirm the start of your subscription.
How to Change Your Apple One Subscription on iOS Devices
Are you looking to downgrade or upgrade your Apple One plan? Here’s how.
- Open the Settings app and tap on your name from the top.
- Tap on Subscriptions → Apple One.
- Choose the desired plan and confirm your switch.
How to Cancel Apple One Plan on iPhone and iPad
Did not like what this bundle has to offer? Here’s how to effortlessly remove your Apple One subscription.
- Launch the Settings app and tap on your name from the top.
- Tap on Subscriptions → Apple One.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Cancel Free Trial. (When the trial ends or if you are not eligible for it, you will not see the word ‘Free.’ It may simply be Cancel Apple One.)
Some Must-Know Points Regarding Apple One
- The 30-day free trial of Apple One is only for services you do not already have. For example, if I am already an Apple Music subscriber, I won’t get its free trial via Apple One. But I will get a free trial of other services like Apple TV+, iCloud Storage, Arcade, News+, etc.
- Currently, Apple One is not available everywhere but only in around 100 countries and regions.
- Even if you use different Apple IDs for iCloud and Apple Music, Apple One should manage that.
- Want more iCloud storage? Sure! You can purchase them in addition to what is already included in your Apple One subscription. As a result, you can have up to 4TB iCloud space (2TB on Premier plan and up to 2TB separate iCloud subscription)
- AppleCare, Apple’s Warranty and support program are not part of the Apple One subscription bundle. The same goes for pro macOS apps like Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro X, etc. You have to purchase them. Maybe in the future, we see ‘Apple One Pro’ for Mac users! Who knows!
How Much Money You Save with Apple One Subscription
For comparison below, I am using the US monthly price. The actual figure in your country or region might vary significantly.
Cost of Individual Apple Subscriptions:
- Apple Music: $9.99 per month
- Apple TV+: $4.99 per month
- Arcade: $4.99 per month
- iCloud Storage: 50GB – $0.99 per month, 200GB – $2.99 per month, 2TB – $9.99 per month
- Apple News+: $9.99 per month
- Fitness+ (when it launches): $9.99 per month
After I ran some calculations, here is what I found.
- Music + TV + Arcade + 50GB iCloud Storage ($9.99 +$4.99 + $4.99 +$0.99) = $20.96 per month. You can get all these services by Apple One Individual plan for $14.95 and save $6.
- Similarly, on the Apple One Family plan and Premier Plan, you can save over $8 and $25, respectively.
Suggestion: Many of these services, like Apple TV+, Arcade, and Fitness+, are already available for free when you buy a new device. Similarly, in some yearly plans, you get an additional discount. (Like almost $40 off with Fitness+ yearly plan). So, run your calculations and subscribe to Apple One only if you really need the said services. For example, I never play mobile games and already have TV+ for one year that came with my new iPhone. So, instead of paying $14.95, I can just pay $9.99 for Apple Music and 0.99 for iCloud and save almost $4 per month.
This is almost everything you need to know about Apple One. What do you think of this bundle? Do you like it, or do you have some questions and reservations before subscribing? Please have your say by making use of the comments section below.