Maybe you are really impressed with an app that’s yet to be rolled out in your country. And for that, you wish to temporarily change your region. But unfortunately, you are being told that you can’t change your App Store country or region on your iOS 12 device. Bother not; there is a way to get through.
Before getting started with the workaround, I would recommend you to have a close look at some very important things. Also, keep in mind this is a workaround, and therefore you’ll have to be fully prepared for some trade-offs. That being said, let’s move ahead steadily!
Here are the Reasons Why You Can’t Change App Store Country or Region on iPhone and iPad
There are multiple reasons why you can’t switch your country.
- If you have store-crediting remaining on your Apple ID.
- If you are still the member of any Family Sharing group.
- If you haven’t yet canceled your Apple Music subscriptions and the same yet to expire.
- If you haven’t yet canceled your any other active subscriptions.
- If your memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes are yet to be completed.
Must follow the below mentioned things before going through the process.
- Ensure that you don’t have any store credit remaining on your Apple ID.
- If there any pending store credit refunds to process, make sure to wait for them.
- Ensure that you have canceled all the subscriptions including Apple Music.
- Be sure all the memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes have been completed.
- You must have to update the payment method to purchase in other countries.
- Apple also recommends you to back up your iOS device to iTunes. You might also need to downgrade your iCloud storage temporarily.
- Moreover, you may have to leave the Family Sharing group if you are part of it.
Once you have checked all the above things, you should be able to change App Store country region. You can do it both with your existing Apple ID and the new one. (Here is the detailed guide to change the same with existing Apple ID.)
If you don’t want to cancel Apple Music subscription or leave family sharing just to download an app that’s not available in your country, there is a workaround.
All you need to do is create a new Apple ID and add the billing address as well as the phone number (any random one that matches with a standard one).
Smart Way to Change App Store Country/Region in iOS 12 on iPhone and iPad
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iOS device and tap on your name → Now, you have to tap on Sign Out and confirm.
Step #2. Next, tap on Sign In (on the Apple ID banner) → Tap on Create New Apple ID. Then, go through the on-screen instructions to create a new ID.
Step #3. After you have created your ID, open Settings → your name → iTunes & App Store.
Step #4. Tap on your Apple ID → Tap on View Apple ID.
Step #5. Tap on Country/Region → Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #6. Up next, choose the country. In this test, I’m going to select the United States.
Step #7. Then, agree to the terms and conditions.
Step #8. This is very important step. Under Payment Method, choose None and enter your name under Billing name. Next, you have to type in your billing address. Enter any street name and type in the name of any city of US. Be sure to type in the state it belongs to and the correct zip code of the city.
Now, you need to enter a typical phone number of the country. I have gone for 989 555-1456. In the end, tap on Next.
You have successfully updated your info. Now, go ahead and download the apps, which are yet to be rolled out in your region.
Over to You…
So, that’s how you can put your hands-on the apps that are yet to be rolled out in your region. Of course, the process is not straightforward at all. But it’s here just in case you can’t help giving a try to an exciting app.
Have got any feedback or question? Feel free to shoot it up in the comments.
You might also like to read:
- How to Stop Autoplay Video in App Store in iOS 11
- How to Filter App Store Reviews on iPhone and iPad
- How to Identify Genuine Emails from the App Store or iTunes Store
- How to Cancel App Store Subscription from iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV