iOS is incredibly user-friendly, but glitches can still occur. One such issue is when the camera icon is missing on iPhone or iPad. This can happen when you mistakenly disable the Camera app from Screen Time settings. No worries, let’s check out how to fix this mistake and get back the camera icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Enable iPhone Camera from Screen Time setting
- Reset Home Screen Layout
- Backup and Restore your iPhone or iPad
1. Enable iPhone Camera from Screen Time setting
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Screen Time (Enter screen time passcode if asked).
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Next, tap on Allowed Apps.
- Now toggle Camera app on from the list of apps.
Now go to the Home screen and check whether or not you can see Camera app. Experts are not able to find any solid reason behind this glitch.
If the above method doesn’t work, you can two more options to follow.
2. Reset Home Screen Layout
There is another mistake users normally commit involuntarily; they put apps in a single folder and then forget which apps are in which folder. If you have done such a slip-up, you should go for resetting the home screen layout.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone → Tap on General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
You will find many Reset options.
- Tap Reset Home Screen Layout and conform it by tapping again.
This action will reset your home screen layout to factory defaults. Now go back to the Home screen of your iPhone and check the Camera app.
3. Backup and Restore your iPhone or iPad
Still, missing the Camera icon on iPhone? As a last resort, either you can backup and restore your iPhone, or take it to Apple center. Sometimes, hardware issues also play the culprit in such cases. In this situation, you should better go to Apple Store or contact the Apple Support line.
Don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comment.