Siri is one of the smartest virtual assistants and a major reason why we love the iPhone. When activated by the ‘Hey Siri’ voice command, it listens and responds to everything you say, and can even be funny. So it’s quite unfortunate when it stops responding. If you’re facing this issue of Siri not working on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 14 or 13, here’s how to fix it with a few different methods. Try out each one and see what works for you.
- Turn ON/OFF ‘Hey Siri’ on iPhone
- Restart your Device
- Reset Network Settings
- Update iOS
- Change Dictation Settings on iPhone
- Clean the Microphone
Turn ON/OFF ‘Hey Siri’ on iPhone
- Go to Settings → Siri & Search.
- Toggle off the switch and wait for a minute. Then, turn it ON again and check if Siri is working properly.
Restart Your Phone
Sometimes, simply rebooting your phone can easily fix the issues.
On your iPhone 8 or later, press and release the volume up button → press and release the volume down button → press and hold the Side button until Apple Logo Appears on the screen.
To reboot iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, press and hold the Volume down and Power button until Apple Logo Appears on the screen.
On your iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, or earlier iPhones, press and hold the home button and Power button until Apple Logo Appears on the screen.
Reset Network Settings
This step will erase your saved networks and passwords, so make sure you know your network login credentials before you try this!
- Go to Settings → General → Tap on Reset.
- Now, Tap on Reset Network Settings → Tap on Reset Network Settings again to confirm.
- You’ll need to reconnect to your WiFi network and then check if Siri responds. If not, try the next steps below
It’s always best to have the latest version of iOS installed on your phone. It will fix not just issues with Siri but other apps too. Follow these steps:
- Tap on Settings → General.
- Tap on Software Update → Tap on Download and Install (If update is available.)
Change Dictation Settings on iPhone
If you already have the latest version of iOS, there’s a possibility that Siri might not be responding due to dictation not working on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Settings → General.
- Scroll down to Keyboards.
- Toggle OFF Dictation, wait for a minute, and then toggle it back ON again.
Clean the Microphone
Perhaps Siri is not working because it can’t hear you properly! Ensure that nothing is blocking the microphone of your iPhone or iPad. Clean off any dirt on it by using cotton swabs. Also, ensure that whenever you speak to Siri, be as clear and precise as possible. Don’t use over-complicated words and speak slowly so that the technology can understand you.
Contact Apple Support
If you continue to face a problem after trying these tips, it may be a good idea to get your phone checked out by Apple Support.
Well, we hope these tips have been useful and helped you fix any problems with Siri not responding on your iPhone or iPad. Let us know what worked for you in the comments below.
You may also be interested in: