macOS Big Sur brings a lot of neat changes to the Menu Bar like the Control Centre. And while the handy battery status indicator is omnipresent, the battery percentage is missing. You can click on the battery icon and check it from the contextual menu, but what if you want it available at a glance always? Don’t worry, here’s how you can display battery percentage on Mac Menu Bar.
How to Show Battery Percentage on macOS Big Sur
- Click on the Apple logo icon at the top left corner and choose System Preferences.
- Select Dock & Menu Bar from the options.
- From the sidebar, scroll down to Battery, under the Other Modules section.
- Here, check the box before Show Percentage.
And that’s it! The percentage will immediately show up on your Menu Bar. If you want to hide battery percentage, simply repeat steps 1-3 and uncheck Show Percentage.
You can easily check the estimated time your Mac will last without being plugged in.
Check Battery Time Remaining Estimation on Mac
- Click on the Battery icon from the Menu Bar or Control Centre.
- Just under the Power Source, you will see the time remaining estimation.
In addition to that, the contextual menu also shows the app that is ‘Using Significant Energy.’ This will tell you which app was the key culprit behind your battery drain.
Notably, macOS Catalina users can check their battery time remaining estimation in the same manner.
Get Battery Percentage Indicator on Mac Menu Bar
Apple claims that the macOS Big Sur is “doing it all, in all-new ways.” And not just with some new features, the refined new design also boasts different icons and sounds.
Keep following our blog to get to know the macOS Big Sur better. More how-tos, tips & tricks, and hacks are on their way. Meanwhile, you can enjoy these ones:
- Pin Menu Items to Menu Bar on Mac
- Customize Safari Start Page on Mac
- Send Messages with Effects on Mac
- macOS Big Sur Installation Failed? 10 Ways to Fix the Problem