The battery percentage on your Mac indicates how much juice is left in your Mac. However, by default, the battery symbol only shows a hazy image of how much power you have left. Here’s how you can show the battery percentage on your Mac.
How to show the percentage of battery charge in macOS Sonoma or Ventura
- Click the Apple logo at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select System Settings.
- Scroll down and click Control Center.
- Navigate to Battery. It’s under the Other Modules section.
- Toggle on Show Percentage.
If you plan to display the battery percentage in the Control Center, then all you need to do is toggle on Show in Control Center under Battery (as shown in the image above).
How to show battery percentage on macOS Monterey and earlier
- Click the Apple logo.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Go to Dock and Menu Bar.
- Scroll down and select Battery.
It’s in the Other Modules section.
- Check the box next to Show Percentage.
Looking to include the remaining battery in your Control Center? Just check the box next to Show in the Control Center (as shown in the image above).
After enabling the battery percentage, you should get a better idea of how long you have before you need to plug in your Mac to recharge it. Follow these instructions If you still don’t understand why your Mac empties so quickly. Implementing those instructions should help you maximize your Mac’s battery life.
- How to show battery percentage on iPhone
- How to check Apple Watch battery life
- How to hide and unhide photos on your Mac
- How to add or delete users on Mac
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.