If you are extensively using your phone, you must keep an eye on its battery percentage. On Face ID supported iPhones, Apple has to accommodate many icons like cellular signal strength, WiFi, etc. on the status bar. And considering that fact, the way to show battery percentage on iPhone 12, 12 mini, 11 Series, and iPhone XR is a bit different. No matter what iPhone model you have, we got you covered. Without further ado, let’s check it out.
- How to view battery percentage on iPhone 12, 12 mini, iPhone 11, and XR
- How to show battery percentage on iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 8, or Earlier
- Use widgets to show battery percentage on iPhone (iOS 14)
How to view battery percentage on iPhone 12, 12 mini, iPhone 11, and XR
The process remains the same for iPhone 12 Pro, Pro Max, 11 Pro, Pro Max, iPhone X, Xs, and Xs Max.
- Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen to open Control Center and view the battery percentage.
- You can add the “Batteries” widget to Today View, and optionally pin it there if you want to see it all the time. This approach has the added benefit of showing your battery life on connected devices as well.
- Ask Siri what the battery percentage is on your iPhone.
- Plug-in your iPhone to charge, and you’ll see the battery percentage on the Lock screen.
How to show battery percentage on iPhone SE 2020, iPhone 8 or Earlier
- Go to Settings on your iPhone
- Tap on the Battery option.
- Toggle ON Battery Percentage.
On devices with a Home button such as the iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or earlier, and iPad, you can opt to see the battery percentage in the status bar.
Use widgets to show battery percentage on iPhone (iOS 14)
- Enter edit mode. To Do tap and hold (empty or blank) space on the screen.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon from the top-left corner.
- Then Tap on Batteries → Tap on Add Widget.
- Tap on Done to exit the edit mode. You can now see the battery level of your iPhone and other Bluetooth devices (like Apple Watch, Airpods, etc.) connected to it.
With iOS 14, you can add a battery widget to the iPhone home screen to keep an eye on the battery level.
That’s all, mate!
So, no matter which iPhone you have, it’s easy to view the battery percentage. This makes it convenient to monitor the remaining power on your device. If you’re looking to save your battery life, you might want to check out these apps. Let us know in the comments below if you’re looking for more tips about your iOS devices.