When the Pinterest app crashes or fails to open, it blocks you from discovering and saving cool things (pins) to your profile. Sometimes it may even get troublesome to open or log in as the Pinterest app freezes and refuses to launch when you tap it.
Most of the time, a simple force quit or device restart fixes the problem. But if the Pinterest app is still not working on your iPhone, here are some effective troubleshooting tricks!
- Clear cache and browsing history in Pinterest
- Check your internet connection
- Update the Pinterest app
- Delete the app and reinstall it
- Turn off Background App Refresh
- Disable Location Services
- Update your iPhone or iPad
1. Clear cache and browsing history in Pinterest
Do you find yourself asking “Why is Pinterest not working on my iPhone?” even after a force quit and restart? It seems you’ll have to look for more in-depth fixes.
The first solution is a quick catch-all that may save you some time:
- Launch Pinterest on your iOS device.
- Next, tap the Profile tab at the bottom right.
- Tap the tiny Settings icon at the upper right.
- Next up, tap Privacy & data.
- Now, scroll down and tap Clear app cache to clean it up.
- Reboot your iOS device and open the app again. It should start working correctly.
2. Check your internet connection
If you’re facing an issue where your Pinterest app is not loading images, you may need to check that your iPhone is getting a proper Wi-Fi or Cellular Data signal.
If you’re using Wi-Fi:
- Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad → Wi-Fi.
- Check that it’s enabled and you’re connected to a network. Try going to a website on your browser of choice to see if it loads properly.
If you’re using Cellular Data:
- If you’re using Cellular Data, head to Settings → Cellular.
- Make sure Cellular Data is enabled.
- Now, scroll down to the CELLULAR DATA section where you’ll see a list of apps. Make sure the toggle next to Pinterest is set to on.
Is Pinterest still not working? Try out the next fix.
3. Update the Pinterest app
Another handy solution if the Pinterest app isn’t working on your iPhone is to update the app.
To do so:
- Open the App Store and navigate to the Account screen by tapping your profile icon.
- Scroll down to the updates section, and tap UPDATE next to the Pinterest app. Once the process completes, the service may work smoothly for you.
4. Delete the app and reinstall it
If you haven’t pinpointed the reason as to why Pinterest is not working on your iPhone, I recommend deleting the app and reinstalling it fresh from the App Store.
5. Turn off Background App Refresh
Even when you close Pinterest (among other apps), it continues to refresh in the background to ensure it remains stocked with the latest data for you to browse. Turning off Background App Refresh can help you fix this problem.
- Open Settings on your iDevice → General → Background App Refresh.
- Now, tap Background App Refresh and choose Off.
Disabling this feature can also help extend the battery life of your device and reduce data consumption. With that said, you may notice a slight delay when your iPhone or iPad loads new media like photos or videos in apps.
6. Disable Location Services
Try turning off Location Services as well. It’s yet another power-hungry feature that puts a lot of pressure on the battery. This is more of a niche fix, but some users have reported success using it:
Open Settings → Privacy → Location Services → Turn off the toggle.
Note: Location Services are essential for many useful apps like Uber, Weather, etc. So, once your Pinterest app starts working, follow the same steps to re-enable location services.
7. Update your iPhone or iPad
If nothing has worked so far, an iOS update may solve your problems. To update your iOS device to the latest software version:
- Head to Settings → General → Software Update.
- Check for an available update. If there’s one waiting, Download and Install it.
It’s still not working? You may be looking at a bigger issue. If you can’t go without the Pinterest app on your iPhone, a factory reset may be in order.
Did any of our solutions help you fix the Pinterest app on your iPhone? Reach out to us with your valuable feedback. If you discover any other handy solution to fix this issue, make sure to let us know about that as well.
Have any other Apple-related questions? Ask away in the comments below.
You may like:
- Best social media apps for iPhone and iPad
- App not working or opening on iPhone? Here’re 11 real fixes
- How to download and install iOS 16 public beta on iPhone
- How to clear RAM on iPhone to run faster
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.