Both the iPhone and the iPad come with a powerful and yet simple slideshow feature which can be used to spend some time looking through your photo collection.
You can configure this to show only specific photos from the album and you can also add some music playing in the background as the slideshow goes on.
In this short tutorial, we'll see how you can setup, configure and start slideshows on iPhone and iPad with the accompaniment of music from your Music app collection.
On the iPhone, things are pretty simple.
- Open Settings
- Go to Photos & Camera
- Configure the slideshow options here.
- Next up, open Photos app and open an album of your choice.
- Tap any photo in the album and then press the Play button on the bottom.
- An option window shows up: Toggle the Play Music switch to ON and tap on Start Slideshow.
- You can then select the audio track that you want played for the slideshow from the Music option.
On the iPad, things are even simpler but the way you start a slideshow can be different.
On the iPad, Apple lets you start a slideshow directly from the lockscreen. Interestingly though, if you haven't changed default settings, all photos show up. If you've got some private photos that you wouldn't want to show up on the slideshow, then it's time to roll up your sleeves and change a few settings.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Picture Frame
- Choose Albums instead of All Photos
- Choose the album (you can also create a separate album called for the picture frame and choose it here)
- Once done, exit settings.
- Head back to Photos app
- Tap on the Slideshow button on top
- Now, toggle the Play Music option to ON and choose the music.
You're set! Note that you can also stream the slideshow to other compatible devices via AirPlay but the music plays from your iOS device.