A slideshow is a perfect way to organize your photos and view or show them to someone. The Photos app on Mac makes it super simple to do this. Moreover, you can select a theme and text, music, etc. to customize it your way. Just follow this step-by-step guide to learn how to create a slideshow on Mac.
- How to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Add or Remove Photos in a Slideshow on Mac
- How to Play an Instant Slideshow on Mac
How to Make a Slideshow on Mac
- Open the Photos app on your Mac.
- Click on File at the Menu bar and scroll down to find Create.
- In Create, Go to Slideshow and then click on Photos.
- Enter the Slideshow Name and click on OK.
- Select and add photos in the slideshow and click on Add.
Your Slideshow will be created.
Reorder Photos in Slideshow
For Reorder photos drag and drop slides in the slideshow.
Change or Select a Theme For the Slideshow
There are total Seven Themes to choose for Slideshow project.
List of Slides themes,
- Ken Burns (pan and zoom effect)
- Sliding Panels
- Vintage Prints
- Classic (by default set)
Click on Theme Picker button in the Photos app and then select a theme from the list.
Add Music to a Slideshow
Click on Music in Photos app and select music from Apple Music (iTunes) or using built-in Theme Songs in Slideshow.
Change Duration Settings For Slideshow
- Fit to Music – To set the slideshow according to the length of the selected music.
- Custom – Set a particular display time for the slideshow and adjust the slider as per your needs.
- Transition – You can set a transition for the slideshow and choose the type of transition.
- Scale photos to fit screen – As per the name, you can set the slideshow fit to the screen.
Add Text to Slideshow
After selecting a photo, Click on the ‘+’ icon at Photos app (bottom right corner) and Click on Add Text.
Add the Created Slideshow to Favorites
At the Menu bar, Choose Image and click on Add to Favorites.
- Preview the slideshow after exporting and make changes if required.
- Export the Slideshow and set file save location.
Add or Remove Photos in a Slideshow on Mac
To add more photos, Click on ‘+’ icon and then click on Add Photos. You can select images to include in a slideshow and click on Add.
Delete a photo from the slideshow, Click on the Preview, and tap on the trackpad with your two fingers. You will see the option of Delete Slide. Click on it.
Another way, select the slide from Preview and go to Image at the Menu bar. Scroll down and click on Delete Slide.
How to Play an Instant Slideshow on Mac
- Open the Photos app and click on Photos at your Sidebar.
- Select Days from the toolbar.
- Now, select photos from the day.
- From your Menu bar, select the File and choose Play Slideshow.
Also, you can even add Themes and Music.
Music can be added by clicking on the music icon and choosing the preferred song. And to remove the song, you can click on the song again and uncheck it.
Create Photo Slideshow on Mac without any Trouble
There are several complex third-party apps for creating slideshows, mixing videos, and making short movies. Still, The Photos app is the most widely used in Mac, and the simplicity of the app lets users make quick photo slideshows without any trouble.
Do share your excellent views in the comment section below!! We’ll see you soon with more such insights!
Till then, keep reading and keep exploring!!
You may also like to read: