WhatsApp's new updated iPhone app brings quite a bunch of features including iCloud backups and easy number porting. But along with that you have the multiple photo sharing option.
It's now easy to share multiple photos at once via WhatsApp. No it's not a separate option tugged beneath the media option but it's built within the photo sharing screen. That's why I'm writing this tutorial.
To select multiple photos, you follow pretty much the same process as sending a photo via WhatsApp but at the second step, you get to add more photos to the selection.
Here's how send multiple photos on WhatsApp in iPhone:
- Tap on the media sharing button next to the text field.
- Select “Choose Existing Photo”
- Now, select one of the photos you want to send. (Note that you can't select multiple photos here…)
- Once you select the photo, on the next screen, tap on “+” as shown below.
- Now, you just have to select all the photos you want to send. (You can select up to 10 photos)
- Once you've added the photos, tap on Done. And then, tap on Send. The photos will be sent.
- All the photos will be delivered individually as if you sent them one by one.
Although WhatsApp isn't the first to incorporate a multiple photo sharing feature, it's important because WhatsApp has a huge user base and a lot of people depend on this. Interestingly enough, with the new update, number of iPhone users who begin using WhatsApp might hit an all-time high.
WhatsApp has also included iCloud backups this time. You can manually backup the data or arrange a daily/weekly/monthly automatic backup schedule.
WhatsApp will now be free on the App Store and for the first time, it's not a limited-time thing. It's free forever but after the first year, you will have to pay 99 cents as yearly subscription.