Did you know that you can set a video as a wallpaper on your iPhone? Well, if you didn’t know, then we’ve got a way for you. A video wallpaper is a great way to customise your iPhone, but it does require a tap-and-hold on the screen to start the video playback. Your favourite memories can be made into a great live wallpaper on your iPhone.
For now, it is only possible using third party app like VideotoLive. Since the app is available for free, you will have to tolerate some ads before you can convert and save the video. However, that will not hinder the video to live photo conversion process. Without further ado let’s check out the way!
How to Put a Video as Your Wallpaper on iPhone
- Head over to the App Store, search the VideotoLive app and tap on Get to download it on your iPhone.
- The app is available for free and it lets you convert videos into Live Photos up to 30 seconds in length, and use them as live wallpaper
- Once you’ve installed the app, launch it. Allow the app to access your Photos
- Next, browse for a video that you would like to use as the lock screen wallpaper on your iPhone.
- After choosing the video, you can trim it and select a cover photo. Select the best parts of the video and don’t worry about the orientation. The app will automatically scale the video to fit best on the iPhone screen
- Now tap on the Convert button at the top right corner of the app. You may get a warning saying that the app may sometimes crash. If it does, then simply restart the app and start again.
- Once the video has been converted to a live photo tap on OK. Now tap on Done to save it in photos app.
- Open Settings app on your iPhone
- Scroll down and tap on the Wallpaper option
- Select the Choose a New Wallpaper setting.
- Tap on Live Photos to see your converted video.
- Now, tap the Live Motion option next to the Cancel button, and then tap on set and choose from your lock screen, home screen, or both screens option.
That’s all about it.
You favourite video has now been set as the wallpaper. Simply tap and hold the screen to bring the image to life. Thought it looks lengthy, it’s Pretty easy, right?
Although you can’t officially set a video as wallpaper on your iPhone, you can use this app to make it possible. The app basically converts the video into a Live Photo, which can then be used as a Live wallpaper. The VideotoLive app is easy to use and works reliably.
I hope this tutorial has helped you set your favourite video as a wallpaper on your iPhone. Below are a few more articles that you may find interesting.
- Download the New iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Stock Wallpapers
- How to Stop Automatic Wallpaper Resize and Zoom on iPhone
- How to Set a GIF as Live Wallpaper on Your iPhone
If you face any issues with this method, then you can use the Comments section below to get answers. I would also love to hear about other tools that can be used for setting a video as the wallpaper on iPhone.