Ever tried recording WhatsApp calls on your iPhone? You might wonder, is that even possible? Well, iPhone lets you perform necessary actions such as turning off read receipts or last seen easily. However, Apple’s screen recording app does not let you record audio calls due to many strict legal measures.
Hence there is no direct way to record a WhatsApp call, but for this guide, we’re going to show you how you can record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone through Mac.
How to record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone using a Mac
- Connect your iPhone to the Mac using a USB to 3.5mm lightning cable.
- Check ‘Trust this Computer‘ on your iPhone.
- On your Mac, open QuickTime.
- Choose New Audio Recording under file.
- Click on the arrow pointing down next to the record button in QuickTime and choose iPhone.
- Now, click the record button in QuickTime.
- Use your iPhone to call via WhatsApp.
- When connected, click the add user icon.
- Call the person you want to. Once the person accepts the call, the call would be recorded automatically. If it doesn’t work out, click the Speaker Mode to enable the recording.
- Once the call is completed, stop the QuickTime recording and save the file on your Mac.
Isn’t it simple? You only need a lightning cable and a couple of minutes. This might not be a feasible option if you have an impromptu call to record.
Is it possible to record WhatsApp calls using iOS Screen Recorder?
Although many claim it to be efficient, this method does not seem to work. You cannot use your microphone in two places at the same time. This means, if WhatsApp is using your microphone, your screen recorder cannot use it.
Can you record video calls using iOS Screen Recorder?
Yes, the screen recorder lets you record video calls. However, you will have a recording with no audio clips whatsoever. Sometimes, WhatsApp video calls may stop working as the screen recording is enabled.
Were you able to record WhatsApp calls on your iPhone?
While there’s no straightforward way to record WhatsApp calls due to legal measures, you can try the Mac option. Do you have any tricks under your sleeve for recording WhatsApp calls? Let me know in the comment section below.
You would like to read these posts as well: