It’s pretty cool that you can listen to music on the Apple Watch. And there’s more than one way to do it. However, for all methods, you need to pair Bluetooth headphones with Apple Watch as Apple does not allow playback on the small built-in speaker. So if you never want to be without your favourite tunes on the go, let’s see how you can play music on your Apple Watch.
But before we check out the different methods, you should know that if you’re not subscribed to Apple Music, you need to sync music from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. It’s simple to do but quite slow, so it’s better to do this beforehand. For instance, if you’re planning to go on a jog in the morning, remember to sync your music the night before. Then, follow the steps below.
How to Play Music on Your Apple Watch
- Open Music app on your Apple Watch.
- Swipe or use the Digital Crown and tap on the album art you wish to play. These are the songs you have stored on your Apple Watch.
You can also tap on the Shuffle icon and play all songs.
- On iPhone: If your iPhone is nearby, you will see this option. You can play songs on it that are not synced to the local storage of Apple Watch. You can play these songs on the wireless earphones connected to your watch or on the iPhone speaker.
- Library: As Apple puts it, here you may tap Library, then tap an album, playlist, or song not on your Apple Watch to play it.
- For You: If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can tap For You. It has songs that Apple curates and thinks you will like based on your listening habits and your likes and dislikes.
Music Playback Control
Controls for the Music app on Apple Watch are similar to those on iPhone. Pause, Play, Shuffle, Repeat have the same standard icons. You will have no trouble navigating to next song (▶▶), go to the beginning of the song or double-tap for the previous song (◀◀), etc.
How to Use Siri to Listen to Music on Apple Watch
Summon Siri. Press and hold the Digital Crown, say Hey Siri, or lift your wrist up to your face.
Ask it ‘Play Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars‘ or ‘Play my workout album‘ or ‘Play more songs from this album‘ and so on.
That’s all, mate!
You may also check out related posts:
- Best Apple Watch Music Apps
- How to Remove Music from Apple Watch
- Tips and Tricks to Save Battery on Apple Watch
Are you excited to use Apple Watch for music playback? Have your say in the comments down below.