- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPad Pro 12.9 inch (4th gen & later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd gen & later)
Technology indeed makes our life simple. Who would have thought that one day, we could measure our height with iPhone and iPad?
Thanks to the inclusion of LiDAR scanners, we can now measure a person’s height from the floor to the top of their head using the Measure app. And here’s how you can do so.
How to measure a person’s height with iPhone and iPad
- Make the person stand in good lighting.
- Open the Measure app on your iPhone.
- Wait for a few moments; you will see white lighting appear at the top of a person’s head.
- Take a photo of the measurement by tapping on it.
- You can also tap the screenshot in the lower-left corner to save the photo. Tap Done, then choose Save to Photos or Save to Files.
- When the person moves from the lens, the height will reset itself, and your iPhone is ready to measure the next person’s height.
- You can also measure a person’s seated height using the app.
- Avoid dark backgrounds and reflecting surfaces.
- Do not stand too close to the person; else, the height will not be accurate.
- Ensure the person’s height you are measuring has not covered his head with a facemask, glasses, or any object of that sort.
Is the measured height on iPhone accurate?
With all the experiences that I had, the precision took me by surprise, for they were almost perfect; let’s call it a 99.9% accuracy. The Measure app uses augmented reality (AR) to turn your devices into a tape measure. LiDAR scanner + AR lets you gauge the height of the person standing in front of you. Not just that, you can also use the Measure app to get accurate dimensions of several objects; horizontally and vertically.
How accurate was your height measured on your iPhone?
My experience with the technology was satisfactory; I am convinced with the precision. I’d recommend sticking to conventional methods if you need to submit your height professionally for an event. Other than that, the results obtained super satisfactory; I mean, who isn’t surprised by the LiDaR’s functionalities.
How does this feature turn out for you? Let me know in the comment section below.