Call forwarding is one of the most underrated features on the iPhone. The carrier-specific functionality can be used to divert/forward calls to a third number while you are busy or the phone number’s not reachable. Eventually ensuring you don’t miss that important call from your friend, family, or your office. If you ever wondered how it works, let me show you how to forward calls on iPhone.
- How to Forward Calls on iPhone with AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM Carriers
- How to Forward Calls on iPhone with Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA Carriers
How to Forward Calls on iPhone with AT&T, T-Mobile, or other GSM Carriers
If you reside in the US and you are an AT&T, T-Mobile, or any other GSM user, you can turn on call forwarding from the Settings app itself. It’s because their carriers use different network technology in comparison to other carriers.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and go to the Phone settings.
- Select Call Forwarding.
- On the next page, turn ON the toggle for Call Forwarding.
- Tap and go into Forward To.
- On the next screen – type the cell number you’d like forward calls to.
Just type the number and go back to the Call Forwarding page. All the calls on your iPhone will be now forwarded to the mentioned number. At any point of time, you want to turn off call forwarding, just disable the toggle and you will be able to start taking calls again.
How to Forward Calls on iPhone with Verizon, Sprint, and other CDMA Carriers
Unlike those mentioned above, Verizon and Sprint use a distinct technology called CDMA. If you are using their services, the process of forwarding calls will be different. Having said this, it can’t be done straight from your iPhone’s settings like GSM carrier.
Here are the steps you need to follow being a Sprint, Verizon, or any other CDMA service user.
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the keypad icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Type *72 followed by the number you’d like to forward calls to.
- Hit the Dial button to start forwarding calls.
When you dial the number, all the calls on your iPhone will be forwarded to that number. To turn off call forwarding, there’s a slight change in the number.
Both Verizon and Sprint offer different numbers when it comes to turning off call forwarding. Verizon users can dial *73 followed by the phone number to disable call forwarding. Whereas, Sprint and Boost Mobile users need to dial *720 followed by the number to start retaking phone calls.
As the process of call forwarding varies from each carrier network, the user experience on the caller’s end may vary. Also, you’d be glad to know that you can customize call forwarding on your iPhone. Here’s how you can use conditional call forwarding on the iPhone.
After all, if you’re facing any kind of call problem or you hardly get time to attend calls, our quick guides are always plenty of help!
- Call Failed on iPhone? 10 Ways to Fix The Issue
- How to Use “Do Not Disturb While Driving” on iPhone
- 10 iPhone secret codes you can try now!