Just when you were about to send some cash to your friend via iMessage, you found your Apple Pay Cash account locked. How would you overcome the issue to continue to send/receive money using P2P?
Apple offers an easy solution to fix the locked or restricted Apple Pay Cash account. But before going to find a solution to the problem, you need to know some important things. More after the jump:
How to Remove Lock or Restriction from Apple Pay Cash Account
Difference Between Locked and Restricted Apple Pay Cash Account
- When your account is restricted, you will still be able to transfer your Apple Pay Cash balance to your bank or use it to make purchases in stores, within apps, and on the web
- However, when your account is locked, you are not allowed to use Apple Pay Cash to make purchases, add, send and receive money. Besides, you won’t be able to transfer the money to your account
- Apple may lock or restrict your account whenever it finds any suspicious activity. It’s done to protect your account
What to Do When Your Apple Pay Cash Account is Locked or Restricted?
Step #1. When you find your account completely sealed or restricted, the first thing you need to do is head over to your Apple Pay Cash card in Wallet and verify your identity.
- On your iPhone: Open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap your Apple Pay Cash card
- On your iPad: Open the Settings app and tap on Wallet & Apple Pay. Next, you need to tap into your Apple Pay Cash card
- On your Apple Watch: Launch Apple Watch app on your iPhone. Then, you need to tap Wallet & Apple Pay. Next, tap on your Apple Pay Cash card
Step #2. Now, you should see the option to Verify Identity. Tap on it.
Step #3. Next up, you need to follow the onscreen steps to verify your identity.
What if your account is still locked or restricted even after verification?
Just in case you haven’t been able to unlock or remove restriction from your Apple Pay cash account even after verification, contact Apple support for help.
The addition of “Peer-to-Peer” money transfer has further enhanced the reputation of iMessage, hasn’t it? Let me know what you think of it in the comments below.
You might want to refer these posts as well:
- How to Transfer Apple Cash to Bank Account or Debit Card
- How to Use Face ID on iPhone and iPad Pro
- How to Remove or Hide iMessage App Drawer
Like this post? Share your feedback with us in below comment box.