Remembering your Wi-Fi password can be one of the most challenging tasks. After all, once you enter it on your devices, you rarely ever need to recall it again. But this can pose a problem when, for instance, you have friends over, and they want to use your network. Fortunately, if you have a Mac, it’s possible to retrieve the saved WiFi password from it conveniently. So let’s learn two ways to find a WiFi password on Mac.
Find Saved WiFi Password on Mac
- Open the spotlight search and type Keychain Access to launch an app on your Mac.
- Now, click on System and then click on Passwords under Categories.
- Click on the name of the network you wish to find the password for.
- Under Attributes, tick on Show password.
- Now, you will have to enter the Administrator’s Username and Password and click on OK.
- The device might ask for the former again as well. Enter the same and click on Allow.
You will see your Wi-Fi password in Show Password.
See Saved WiFi Password Using Terminal on Mac
For this article, I found the password of the WiFi name: iGeeks_Tube. You can change the same by replacing the WIFI NAME in the command below.
- Open Terminal using Spotlight Search.
- Type the following command in the Terminal window:
security find-generic-password -ga WIFI NAME | grep "password:"and press Enter.
- Mac will ask for your Administrator Username and Password. Enter it and click on Allow.
You will be able to view your WiFi password in the command box of the Terminal app.
Note: If you do not remember your Administrator Username, you can click on the Apple logo on the top-left of your screen and find the same in the last.
That’s all from our side!
Now, if you don’t want to use any of these available options to find the saved Wi-Fi password on your macOS, third-party password manager apps can be used to find these passwords easily.
Do share your valuable views in the comment section below!! We’ll keep you engrossed with such interesting insights!! Till then, keep reading and exploring!
You may also like to read these:
- Find Saved Passwords on iPhone and iPad
- WiFi Not Working on iPhone or iPad? 10 Ways to Fix It!
- How to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone (3 Ways)
- WiFi Not Working on Apple Watch? Here is How to Fix It
I'm a technical writer who is interested in understanding consumer difficulties and find easy solutions. At iGeeksBlog, I enjoy making how-to and troubleshooting guides that help people do more on their iPhone, iPad. In my spare time, I enjoy listening to music and going to my favorite spots.