How often has it happened that you forgot your Wi-Fi password when someone asked? Plenty of times, right? Unfortunately, iPhones don’t have a built-in feature to check your Wi-Fi password.
However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t access that Wi-Fi network’s password. In this article, I’ve mentioned a few easy ways to find your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone.
- How to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone via IP address
- How to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone via iCloud Keychain
- See the Wi-Fi password of your Personal Hotspot
Before moving on to the steps, ensure that the iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi whose password needs to be found.
How to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone via IP address
- Open Settings.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the i icon next to the connected Wi-Fi network.
- Copy the IP address mentioned by the name Router.
- Now, open Safari.
- Paste the IP address in the search field and hit search.
- Here, you’ll need to enter the username and password created while setting up the router.
- Once logged in, you can find the Wi-Fi password somewhere in the settings as each router offers different steps.
This is a way to find out the Wi-Fi password. However, it only works if you remember your username and password and are initially connected to that network.
How to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone via iCloud Keychain
Any password saved on an iPhone is automatically saved in the iCloud Keychain. These passwords can be viewed with the help of a Mac. Before reading further, ensure iCloud Keychain is enabled on the iPhone.
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon at the top left.
- Click System Preferences → Apple ID.
- Here, click iCloud.
- Now, find Keychain in the following list of apps and check the box to activate it.
- Next, open the Spotlight Search tool and search for Keychain Access and click it.
- Type your Wi-Fi network name in the Search box.
- Double-click the Wi-Fi network in the search results.
- Check the box next to Show password.
- Next, enter the Mac’s login password.
- Finally, the Wi-Fi password will be visible in the Show Password field.
That’s how you can view your Wi-Fi password using the iCloud Keychain!
See the Wi-Fi password of your Personal Hotspot
- Open Settings.
- Tap Personal Hotspot.
Note: Ensure your cellular connectivity is turned on.
- The Wi-Fi password will be visible right below the switch.
So, these are the methods to find your Wi-Fi password on iPhone. Got any other reliable methods? Share it with us in the comments below.