What do you need to know?
- It is possible to share the Wi-Fi password without remembering it.
- You can follow the same steps to share Wi-Fi passwords between iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
- The steps to share Wi-Fi passwords to Android and Windows from iPhone or Mac are different.
Whenever there’s a gathering or simply a guest at home, there will be one person asking for your Wi-Fi password. In our busy lives, these are not things we always remember. If you relate to this situation, here’s good news – you can easily share your Wi-Fi passwords between iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Apple offers a cool Wi-Fi sharing feature, thanks to its seamless ecosystem. While this works automatically most times, if it’s giving you trouble, read on to learn how you can share Wi-Fi passwords between different Apple devices. But first, there are some requirements!
- Unlock both devices.
- Both devices should be running the latest OS version.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both devices.
- Switch off the Personal hotspot.
- Sign in both devices to iCloud using Apple ID.
- Ensure both you and the receiver have saved each other’s Apple ID in contacts.
- Keep both devices next to each other.
After fulfilling the requirements above, move on to the steps below to share the password from your iPhone and Mac!
Note: Since you are planning to share your Wi-Fi password with multiple people, I suggest you boost the Wi-Fi signal on your iPhone so that everyone will be happy surfing.
Apple has made it simple to share Wi-Fi passwords from an iPhone to Mac or another iPhone, thanks to its well-integrated ecosystem. Here’s how to do it.
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network.
- Now, connect the other iPhone or Mac to the same Wi-Fi network.
You will see a prompt on your iPhone.
- Tap Share Password.
The password will get auto-filled on their iPhone/ Mac.
- Now, tap Join to connect to the network.
Most of the time, this step takes place automatically.
But what if the other person has an Android phone and no iPhone? Read along.
While there’s no direct way, we found a workaround to share Wi-Fi passwords from iPhone to Android. You can read it and make your friend or anyone happy with an Android phone. Additionally, you can find the Wi-Fi password on Mac and share it with them.
The steps to share Wi-FI passwords from Mac are almost similar to those for iPhone. Follow along:
- Connect your Mac to a Wi-Fi network.
- Ask the other person to connect to the same Wi-Fi network.
You will see a prompt on your Mac.
- Click Options → Share.
The password will be auto-filled on the other person’s iPhone/Mac.
- Join to connect to the network.
So that’s it! After following these steps properly, you will be able to share your Wi-Fi password from Mac to an iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
You can’t share Wi-Fi passwords from Mac or iPhone to Windows. The only way is to remember the password and share it directly.
If you’re unable to share the Wi-Fi password, try turning off and back on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, updating the software, rebooting the router, forgetting, and rejoining the network.
To find the Wi-Fi password, open Settings → Wi-Fi → Tap the i icon → copy the router address under IPV4 Address → open Safari → paste the IP address → enter the router’s username and password. You’ll now see the password. You can also find the Wi-Fi password on iPhone using Keychain.
It is because another Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac) is trying to connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone. If this happens repeatedly, try rebooting the Wi-Fi or forget the network and reconnect it.
The Wi-Fi password sharing feature is one of the many advantages of being in the Apple ecosystem. This guide helps you learn how to share Wi-Fi passwords between iPhone, iPad, and Mac. So, who are you planning to annoy now by asking them to share their Wi-Fi password? Share in the comments below.
While you are here, I suggest you check these: