Apple introduced macOS Catalina at WWDC 2019, and with it, they announced the end of iTunes. The good news is that we now have Apple Music, Podcasts, and Apple TV app for macOS. However, the macOS Catalina is released for developers and it is still in beta. But fortunately, there’s an easy way for anyone who wishes to install it on their Mac.
If you don’t have a developer account, still you can install macOS Catalina beta 6 on your Mac. That’s exactly we will share here today. But before we proceed, you should know a few things.
- macOS Catalina is a beta version and available only for developers. It is not meant for public use because there may be serious bugs and other security flaws.
- Take a complete backup of your Mac before attempting to install macOS Catalina. If anything goes wrong during the setup, you might have to restore your device as new.
- Lastly, double-check the list of macOS Catalina compatible Macs, before trying anything further.
How to Download and Install macOS Catalina Beta 6 without a Developer Account
Step #1. Assuming you have checked the list of compatible devices, and your Mac is qualified for the update; let’s proceed further. First, download the beta profile from this link.
Step #2. Open the file and it will automatically mount itself and open the Finder app. Double-click macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg
Step #3. This will launch the macOS utility screen for installation. Click Continue → Continue → and Agree to terms and conditions.
Step #4. Now click on Install, and enter the password. Your Mac is now enrolled with Beta profile.
Step #5. Once the beta profile is successful, it will automatically launch System Preferences and look for macOS Update. Likely, it will detect the macOS Catalina 10.15 and display the setup screen. Alternatively, you may see the software update screen with the available update. If you see the later, click on the “Upgrade” button and it will launch the macOS 10.15 setup.
Step #6. Similar to setting up the beta profile, you need to click on Continue → Agree → Agree again → Install → Enter your Mac Password and it will begin the installation process. During the installation process, your Mac may restart multiple times and it is pretty normal.
That’s all. It may take a couple of hours for installation, so have patience. As it is still in Beta, be prepared for unknown bugs during your stay with macOS Catalina.
Just in case if you aren’t aware, we have also published a couple of posts about installing iOS 13 beta on iPhone without a developer account, and also for iPadOS 13. So if you have iPhone or iPad, you may want to check that out as well. But again, the disclaimer applies to install any beta version on any device. If you face any issue, note that we are just a comment away.
You may also like to explore:
- How to Download and Install watchOS 6 Beta on Apple Watch
- How to Enable Dark Mode in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13
- All the New Keyboard Shortcuts in iPadOS 13: Boost Multi-Tasking on iPad
- How to Download iOS 13 Beta on iPhone