What to know about iOS 15 developer beta
- You first need to download and install the iOS 15 beta profile using your Apple developer account.
- Next, download and install iOS 15 like any regular iOS update. Open Settings → General → Software Update → Download and Install.
Apple unveiled iOS 15 at its annual developer conference. The latest version of iOS brings several exciting features to your compatible iPhone like FaceTime spatial audio, SharePlay, Live Text, Spotlight photo search, and beyond. Like me, if you too are eager to try out the new iOS 15 developer beta, here is how to do that.
- How to download iOS 15 developer beta on iPhone
- How to install iOS 15 developer beta on iPhone
- Download and install iOS 15 developer beta using Finder
Before you begin:
- iOS 15 is supported on iPhone 6s and later. Here’s the complete list of compatible devices.
- Developer betas are incredibly buggy. Before proceeding, make sure you backup your iPhone to iCloud or computer. Alternatively, it would be best to install iOS 15 on a secondary device.
- You must have an Apple developer account ($99/yearly) to download the iOS 15 developer beta.
How to download iOS 15 developer beta on iPhone
- Open Safari on your iPhone and head over to developer.apple.com
- Tap the “Download New Betas” tab. Next, log in to your account with your Apple developer account email and password.
- Head over to the iOS 15 beta section and hit Install Profile.
A popup may appear on the screen, saying the website is trying to open Settings to show a configuration profile.
- Tap Allow and Close. iOS beta software profile will start downloading on your device.
- Open Settings → Profile Downloaded.
- Tap Install and enter your passcode.
- Tap Install from the top right and again from the bottom.
- Finally, tap Restart to apply the necessary changes.
Once the iOS 15 beta profile is installed on your iPhone, here are the steps to install the latest iOS developer beta.
How to install iOS 15 developer beta on iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings and tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone passcode and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the file is downloaded, tap Install Now.
If you face any difficulty downloading the update, it is most likely because several developers are trying to download it, which may be strenuous for the Apple servers. Please consider waiting for some time.
If you still need help, see iOS 15 stuck on the Update Requested screen. Here is how to fix it.
After iOS 15 beta is installed, you may need to enter your iPhone passcode and your Apple ID password to keep iCloud and other similar settings updated.
Download and install iOS 15 developer beta using Finder
In rare situations, if you cannot download the iOS 15 beta directly (over-the-air) on your iPhone, you can use Finder on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. Here’s how.
- Download the iOS beta software restore image for your iPhone from the Apple Developer download page.
- Launch Finder on your Mac and connect your iPhone.
- Select your iPhone from the sidebar.
- In the Summary panel, press and hold the Option key and click the Restore iPhone option.
- Choose the iOS beta software restore file and open it.
- Now, click Restore to begin the installation.
Once the beta has been installed successfully, your iPhone will restart. The device will need an active network connection to finish the activation.
This is how you can download and install the iOS 15 developer beta on your iPhone and try the new features. If you have additional questions, please put them in the comments below.
You may also like to read: