TikTok stays in the news and most of the time for negative reasons. Recently, it was accused of harvesting user’s data and sending it to China. If you have privacy concerns or simply had too much of this app, you may choose to delete your TikTok account permanently.
Please keep in mind that after deletion, you lose all your videos and purchased items. Also, once you delete your account, it is deactivated for 30 days. During this time, you have a chance to recover your TikTok account. When the grace period is over, your TikTok account is permanently deleted. If you have made your mind, let’s move on with the process.
First, make sure you have phone number on your TikTok account. Because it’s not possible to delete TikTok account without Phone number.
- To Add phone number in you TikTok account, tap on Me → and then tap on Three Dots → under Manage my account → Phone number.
- Enter your Phone number and wait for the 4-digit code. Once you receive it, enter it. And you are good to go.
How to Delete TikTok Account Permanently from iPhone and iPad
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone and tap on Me from bottom right
- Tap on three dots icon from top right.
- Tap on Manage my account.
- And, then tap on Delete account.
- Now, tap on Send Code to receive a verification code.
- After filling in the code, tap on Continue. Read the fine text and tap on Delete Account → Delete.
Note: Some shared information like chat messages may continue to be visible even after you delete your TikTok account.
How to Recover Your Deleted TikTok Account
As I stated earlier, you can recover your account within 30 days. If it has been more than 30 days since you deleted your account, you may not be able to recover it ever!
- Open the TikTok app on your iPhone and iPad. If you had uninstalled it, then use the App Store and download it again
- Tap on Me from the bottom right. → Tap on Sign up → Tap on Log in from the bottom and enter your login credentials.
- After you fill in the correct password (that was before you deleted your account) or log in via a one-time code, it will tell you that your account is currently under deactivation. Tap on Reactivate from the bottom right.
Enjoy! You have successfully recovered your deleted TikTok account.
That’s all, folks!
You must know that if you are not logged into the app, you will have to log in to delete your TikTok account. It is not possible to delete without logging in and without the password. So, if you do not remember it, you may reset the password before you look to proceed.
Finally, I hope this how-to helped you answer your question. Since you are here, take a quick moment to read about some of the best TikTok alternatives. You might love these apps!
You may also like to take a peek at…
- How to Enable Restricted Mode in TikTok App on iPhone
- Best AR Apps for iPhone and iPad
- How to Delete Telegram Account Permanently
- Qoob Clips for Mac review: Download mass TikTok videos or accounts
What are your thoughts on TikTok and please share why do you want to delete it?