Being able to control the YouTube playback speed is necessary as sometimes you might have to speed up or slow down the video, based on your need. Well, now you have as many as seven options to tweak the playback speed of your favorite YouTube video on iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. Read on to learn how you can change it!
- Change YouTube video playback speed on iPhone and iPad
- How to adjust YouTube video playback speed on Mac or Windows PC
How to change YouTube video playback speed on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the YouTube app on your device.
- Next, play any video.
- Tap the three-dot icon at the video’s top right.
- Tap Playback speed.
- Choose the desired playback speed.
- 25x: Slowest
- 50x: Slower
- 75x: Slow
- 1x: Normal speed
- 25x: Fast
- 5x: Faster
- 2x: Fastest
How to adjust YouTube video playback speed on Mac or Windows PC
- Go to youtube.com on your PC and play any video.
- Click Settings at the bottom right.
- Click Speed. (In some devices, it will be Playback speed. )
- Select the preferred option.
I hope this article helped you understand how to speed up or slow down YouTube videos on your Apple or Windows devices. Facing any other YouTube-related issues? Share them in the comments below! We will try our best to answer your queries.
Here’re some more YouTube-specific tutorials:
I can only tap the 3 dots when my iphone is in landscape mode, so the playback speed option isn’t visible when I tap the 3 dots. When I try to scroll down to access playback speed, the entire menu flies offscreen so the only thing left is cancel. This was never an issue with older iPhones, so I haven’t needed to figure if out before. Any thoughts?
This seems like a strange problem. Maybe you could try to reinstall the YouTube app and see if it fixes the problem.