Recent reports have indicated that AirPods Max are facing a battery drain issue wherein the power is running out overnight. This is obviously concerning and inconvenient. Moreover, there’s currently no clear way to fix the issue. But don’t worry because we’ve got some tips that can help you prevent your AirPods Max battery from draining out. Here’s what you can try.
Tips to stop AirPods Max overnight battery drain
- Force restart your AirPods Max by pressing and holding down the Digital Crown and Noise Control button until you see the amber LED flash at the bottom of the right earcup. Make sure your headphones have some charge in them before doing this.
- Restore or reset your AirPods Max to factory settings by pressing and holding down the Digital Crown and the Noise Control button for 15 seconds until the indicator light at the base of the right earcup flashes amber, then white.
- Manually disconnect the AirPods Max from your device by going into the Bluetooth settings. It’s also advisable to use your headphones with only one device at a time if facing the battery drain issue.
- You can check for a firmware update as Apple will most likely fix the AirPods Max battery drain issue through an update.
Fixed your AirPods Max overnight battery drain yet?
Did you have any luck with the tips mentioned above to prevent your AirPods Max battery from draining unexpectedly?
What makes this issue particularly tricky is that the premium headphones don’t have a physical power-off switch. Instead, Apple claims that they automatically go into low power mode when stored in their case or when you place them down and leave them stationary for about 5 minutes.
Nonetheless, we’re pretty sure Apple will be fixing this soon and will keep you posted on all the latest updates about this.
You may want to take a peek at:
- Best AirPods Max cases
- AirPods Max vs. AirPods Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- Best AirPods Max tips and tricks
- How to fix AirPods Max condensation issue
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Mehak has a master’s degree in communication and over ten years of writing experience. Her passion for technology and Apple products led her to iGeeksBlog, where she specializes in writing product roundups and app recommendations for fellow Apple users. When not typing away on her MacBook Pro, she loves being lost in a book or out exploring the world.