Things to know:
- You must have administrator access to change any user’s profile picture.
- You can use the same user profile picture for multiple user accounts on your Mac.
- Changing the user’s login profile picture doesn’t affect the Apple ID profile picture.
If your Mac has multiple users, using different profile pictures is a must to differentiate them. Also, changing your Mac login picture lets you create a more personalized and visually appealing experience. In this post, I will share how to change user profile pictures on Mac.
How to change user account profile picture on Mac
- Head to Apple logo () → System Settings.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Click the profile picture adjacent to the user whose image you wish to change.
- Choose from the below-mentioned:
- Memoji: Create or edit your own Memoji. Then, choose your preferred pose and style for your user profile. Adjust the slider to zoom in/out your Memoji.
- Emoji: Use any emoji from your keyboard as your login picture.
- Monogram: Use your name initials to keep your profile minimalistic.
- Camera: Click your picture instantly and set it on your account.
- Photos: Choose an image from your gallery.
- Suggestions: It will show all the classic Mac login pictures.
- Customize the profile picture as per your preferences → Click Save.
Additionally, to change the profile picture of a different user, choose it from the Other Users pane and follow the instructions as directed above.
No files or settings will be impacted if you change your user profile picture on your Mac. It is merely an aesthetic adjustment.
Although Mac allows you to set a video as a screensaver, you cannot use a video as your user profile’s profile picture.
No, changing your user profile picture won’t change the password you use to log in.
You must log in as Admin on your Mac to change any user’s login picture. If the issue persists, restart your Mac, log into another Admin account, or boot into safe mode.
Congratulations on your new look 🤩
Changing a user’s login picture on your Mac is simple and straightforward. It can enhance the profile’s visual appeal, whether it’s for personal or professional use. Do you use any unique user account profile picture on your Mac? Please feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
- How to reset your Mac password if you forgot it
- How to switch between users on Mac? 4 Quick ways explained!
- How to make desktop shortcuts on Mac
- 6 Best macOS Sonoma features
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.