Zoom is an iPhone accessibility feature that enlarges the elements on the screen. While helpful for everyone, it is primarily designed for the visually impaired to see the screen content and use the device comfortably. However, if you accidentally triggered it, you may find it hard to navigate, or worse, find your iPhone stuck. If the latter’s the case, don’t worry! Here are 5 ways to fix your iPhone stuck in Zoom mode.
- Use three-finger double-tap to disable Zoom
- Use iTunes or Finder on the Mac to turn off Zoom
- Turn off the Zoom feature entirely on your iPhone
- Force restart your iPhone
- Reset All Settings on your iPhone
1. Use three-finger double-tap to disable Zoom
Hold the iPhone in your other hand or place it on a table. Now, quickly double-tap with three fingers to turn off Zoom.
If you fail once, repeat the above step. Subsequently, it will turn off. If not, you can also use your Mac or PC.
2. Use iTunes or Finder on Mac to turn off Zoom
Can’t turn off Zoom using the three-finger double-tap? iTunes (on macOS Mojave and earlier or Windows PC) or Finder (on macOS Catalina and later) can help. Here is how.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac or PC and open Finder or iTunes as applicable.
- Locate your iPhone and make sure you are in the summary tab.
- Click Configure Accessibility.
- Unselect Zoom and click OK.
- Click Sync (or Apply) for the new changes to reflect on your iPhone.
3. Turn off the Zoom feature entirely on your iPhone
Once the iPhone’s screen zoom is disabled, you can follow the steps below to turn off this feature.
Note: If you turned off zoom using Mac or PC, you need not follow the steps below.
- Go to iPhone’s Settings and tap Accessibility.
- Tap Zoom.
- Toggle off Zoom.
4. Force restart your iPhone
If your iPhone gets stuck in Zoom mode, the screen most likely becomes unresponsive. To fix this, you will have to force restart your iPhone. The steps to force restart depend on the iPhone model. Make sure to follow the correct one.
5. Reset All Settings on your iPhone
Finally, if nothing helps, try to reset all settings. This will delete all new or changed settings. Use three fingers to drag and navigate the screen. If you can do that, go to Settings → General → Reset → Reset All Settings.
If the iPhone screen is one hundred percent unresponsive, learn how to factory reset your iPhone.
I hope the above fixes solved the unwanted zoom issue on your iPhone. If you have further queries, reach me via the comments section below.
You may also like to read:
- How to Use the Accessibility Shortcut on iPhone and iPad
- How to use Screen Curtain on iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac
- Best iOS 14 customization tips and tricks for iPhone
- Facetime vs Zoom | Which is the Best Video Calling App?
I have been an Apple user for over seven years now. At iGeeksBlog, I love creating how-tos and troubleshooting guides that help people do more with their iPhone, iPad, Mac, AirPods, and Apple Watch. In my free time, I like to watch stand up comedy videos, tech documentaries, news debates, and political speeches.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Don’t know how it keeps happening but 4 times in the last 6 weeks, and I couldn’t get to a place to turn it off. None of the “off” tricks would work. Found your page/hints and double tapped 3 fingers; turned off zoom entirely!!! YAYAY!!! Thank heavens I have an iPad besides my iPhone!! And you at the other end of a Google search!! Thanks!
Hi, I have an Ip8 and the fixes to restart worked, I tried the 3 finger dbl tap, the Volup/down side hold and nothing, Luckily my Ip was only at 3% when it began to have the issue. MY view setting is already at standard when this happens. It still is now when restarted via charger, I’m hoping or a way to remove the zoom feature as think I saw something abt it in my problem solving efforts, TY for your how to’s! Even though my Ip resisted these measures I’m sure they work for others.
The 3 finger tap worked for us, thank you!!
We had to do it a couple times, but it worked.