One of the notable features in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 is sound recognition. This accessibility setting allows your iPhone to continuously listen for specific sounds and notify you when it detects them. It can be beneficial for those with hearing impairments but can also have other uses. So let’s learn how to use sound recognition on iPhone and iPad.
- What Does Sound Recognition Do in iOS 14?
- How to Turn On iPhone Sound Recognition in iOS 14
- How to Add Sound Recognition to iPhone Control Center
- Get Instant Sound Recognition Notification on iPhone and iPad
What Does Sound Recognition Do in iOS 14?
As the name suggests, sound recognition enables your iPhone to detect certain sounds and notify you when it hears them. You can choose to be notified about a range of sounds, including everything from fire and smoke alarms to the dings of household appliances and the sounds of pets and babies.
This can be of critical assistance to anyone with hearing impairment, alerting them about what is happening around them.
At the same time, it is a useful feature for almost anyone as you can be notified of individual sounds that you might otherwise miss when you’ve got headphones on. Moreover, it’s super simple to set up, so let’s have a look.
How to Turn On iPhone Sound Recognition in iOS 14
- Go to Settings → Accessibility.
- Scroll down and tap on “Sound Recognition.”
- Toggle ON “Sound Recognition.”
- A “Sounds” option will appear on the same screen. Select it, and you’ll see many different sound options organized into categories. You can toggle ON the options that you want your iPhone to alert you about.
How to Add Sound Recognition to iPhone Control Center
- Go to the Settings → Control Center.
- Under More Controls, find and tap the green plus (+) icon next to Sound Recognition.
This will add it to the list of Included Controls. You can rearrange the items on the list using the hamburger handles on the right of each control.
- Once added, you can access it by launching Control Center on your iPhone.
Get Instant Sound Recognition Notification on iPhone and iPad
Once you’ve turned on sound recognition, you will receive an instant notification every time your iPhone detects the selected sounds. We tested this feature, and it worked pretty well, but please bear in mind that it’s not foolproof, so you should still be cautious about your environment and not rely on this feature in critical situations.
Signing Off !
You would like to read these posts as well:
- Download iOS 14 Beta Developer
- Use YouTube in Picture in Picture Mode on iPhone
- How to Use New Messages App in iOS 14
- Download iOS 14 Wallpapers