- Instagram Avatar lets you create a digital version of yourself that can be shared on Instagram and other Meta apps.
- To create your Instagram Avatar, go to Instagram profile > Edit profile > Avatar icon > Create avatar.
- Your avatar can be set as your Instagram profile picture or used in chat, DMs, and Story as stickers.
Want to make your Instagram experience more fun and creative? Let me introduce you to personalized Instagram Avatars. You can create your own stickers by using Avatars. Here, I’ll share how to create and use Avatar in Instagram on iPhone.
- What is an Instagram Avatar?
- How to create a personalize Instagram Avatar on iPhone
- How to use your Instagram Avatar on iPhone
- How to delete an Instagram avatar on iPhone
What is an Instagram Avatar?
Instagram Avatar feature lets you create a 3D digital character. This can be used as your Instagram profile picture or be shared in your Instagram stories and DMs as stickers across Meta apps.
If you have used Snapchat before, you may be familiar with the Bitmoji feature. The Avatar on Instagram is quite similar. Read along to learn how to create and edit your Instagram Avatar and use it to express yourself and engage with your followers.
How to create a personalize Instagram Avatar on iPhone
- Open Instagram and tap your profile picture.
- Tap Edit profile → Select Edit picture or avatar.
- Now, select the avatar icon → Tap Create avatar.
- Choose the appropriate skin tone for your avatar → Tap Next.
- Then, do the same for hairstyle and hair color and tap Next.
- Select a face shape and the outfit for your avatar.
- Then, tap More personalization to select body type, facial hair, etc., per your preferences.
- After making your Avatar, tap Done → Save changes.
- Now, tap Next to finish.
How to use your Instagram Avatar on iPhone
Instagram lets you use your Instagram Avatar in multiple ways so you can express yourself more creatively. Read along to know more about them.
1. Set Instagram Avatar as your profile picture
You may set your Instagram avatar as a secondary profile picture along with your usual Instagram profile picture. Once you do that, your followers can swipe over your standard profile picture to reveal your avatar.
- Open Instagram → Your profile → Tap Edit Profile.
- Select the Avatar icon beside your profile picture.
- Toggle on Add to profile picture.
2. Share your Instagram Avatar via Story
Besides the available stickers, you can use your avatar as stickers inside your Instagram stories.
- Open Instagram and create a story.
- Tap the Stickers icon → Select AVATAR.
- Choose your favorite sticker under Avatar stickers.
- Place the sticker according to your preference.
You can continue editing the image, and after all the customizations, you can post it or save the Instagram story.
3. Use Instagram Avatar emojis in DMs
If Instagram stories aren’t your thing, you can share the Instagram Avatar you’ve created as stickers via personal or group DMs. Here’s how:
- Open a message thread on Instagram.
- Tap the Sticker icon.
- Tap AVATAR and select a sticker you want to share.
How to delete an Instagram avatar on iPhone
Now that you know how you can create, use, or edit your Instagram avatar, here’s how you can quickly delete the avatar in case you change your mind:
- Go to Instagram → Your profile → Edit Profile → Edit picture or avatar.
- Now, shift to the Avatar menu.
- Tap Edit avatar → Appearance.
- Tap the trash icon → Choose Delete.
- Wait for the Avatar to be deleted. Then, tap Exit editor.
Customize your Instagram experience!
Whether you use it as your profile picture, share it in your stories, or send it as stickers in DMs, creating and using Instagram Avatar can help you add a touch of personalization to your Instagram profile, representing your unique style and preferences.
More tips and tricks for Instagram await you:
- Change your Instagram password or reset it
- How to see your first liked post on Instagram
- How to share song clips with friends on Instagram using iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.