“The SIM card installed in this iPhone is not supported under activation policy.” No longer want to use the existing Sprint network on your locked iPhone? You need to first unlock your Sprint iPhone before switching to a new network on your device.
You won't be allowed to switch to another network unless your Sprint device is eligible for it. There are two ways you can apply for the process of unlocking your Sprint iPhone. While one way is to fill up the forms and request for unlocking the device, the other way is to get it done by a third-party unlocking service.
Unlike Verizon, unlocking a Sprint device is not so straightforward. Let's head over to find out how it's done the right way!
How to Unlock Sprint iPhone and Switch to Other Network
You Need to Know:
- If you purchased your iPhone after 2015, Sprint would unlock it for domestic use (within the US) when it's eligible for it.
- In case you had purchased your iPhone before February 2015, Sprint will inform you once the device is eligible for unlock. You will have to request for the unlock.
- As domestic and international unlocking process is done separately, you need to complete both the requests to ensure the device can be used with any carrier both domestically and internationally.
- Sprint's iPhone 5 versions are allowed to be unlocked only for international GSM networks – outside the U.S. However, it will work on Verizon's CDMA network.
- If any an iPhone has been blacklisted or reported lost, it can still be unlocked but won't work on domestic (U.S.) networks. But it will work outside U.S.A.
- An unlocked blacklisted Sprint iPhone might not work in some countries that share U.S. database.
- Earlier versions of iPhones were made to work only on specific networks. As for instance, Sprint's iPhone 4s won’t work with other networks. Newer iPhones like 5s or iPhone 6s works with GSM carriers as well as Verizon's CDMA network.
- Sprint's iPhone 7 is compatible with most GSM networks and with Verizon's CDMA network.
- If you want to know more about Sprint's unlocking policy, head over to this page.
Is Your Sprint iPhone Eligible for Unlocking?
Your iPhone must pass these following rules for domestic unlocking.
- Your device must have been active on the Sprint network for at least 50 days.
- The iPhone must be domestic SIM unlock.
- You have fulfilled the associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement along with the payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options.
- The iPhone shouldn't have been reported as lost or stolen. Besides, it must not have been linked with any fraudulent activity.
- The associated account is deemed to be in good position.
Your device must pass these following rules for International unlocking:
- To request for international SIM unlock, you must be the current Sprint customer. You will have to authenticate as the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact.
- The iPhone must be capable of international SIM unlock.
- The device must be currently active on a Sprint account.
- Your Sprint account must have been active for at least 90 days.
- The account should be in good position.
- The device must not have been reported as lost or stolen and linked with any associated with fraudulent activity.
- Each phone number on the account is permitted to work with up to two unlocked devices within a 12-month period.
If your account is eligible, you need to contact Sprint Customer Care (1-888-211-4727) to request for the Domestic SIM Unlock and Sprint Worldwide Care (888-226-7212) for international unlocking.
What to do once you have successfully unlocked your iPhone?
You won't have any difficulty in unlocking your phone as carriers will guide you through the steps. After you have successfully unlocked your device, you will be able to use another carrier on your device.
Once it is unlocked, you can use your iPhone on another carrier by following the instructions below:
Step #1. First off, you need to switch off your iPhone.
Step #2. Next, remove the SIM card from the device and insert the new SIM card in the SIM card slot.
Step #3. Now, restart your device. Go through the on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone.
Want to Unlock your iPhone Quickly and Easily?
How to Unlock Sprint iPhone [iPhone 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, iPhone 6, 6 Plus, SE, and iPhone 5S ] Using Keys2iPhone.com
If you wish to unlock your device quickly, take the help of third-party unlocking service. Of course, you will have to pay money for the service, but it's worth especially in a situation when you want the unlocking process to be smooth-sailing.
Supposing you have bought iPhone currently locked with Sprint account at a comparatively low price and the owner of the device didn't follow the procedure to unlock the iPhone, won't you want to carry out the unlocking process without taking the headache? Ten to one, you will.
Keys2iPhone has long been a top-notch third-party unlock service. It takes away all the stress from you and carries out the task with the desired convenience.
Step #1. Head over to https://keys2iphone.com/
Step #2. Next, enter your iPhone model → Select the name of the carrier with which your phone is currently locked → Click on Proceed.
Step #3. Now, enter the IMEI number of your device → Click on Order Now.
You will now have to pay $49 for iPhone 5/5s/5c, $59 for iPhone 6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus/ iPhone SE/iPhone 7 and 7 Plus . It takes just a couple of days to get your iPhone unlocked.
So, that's how you can unlock your Sprint smartphone and switch to other networks. Based on your convenience, you can choose the right way to get your device unlocked. If time is not a problem for you, follow all the due procedures to request for the unlock. If you don't want to go through the long route and wish to make the process faster and a lot easy, Keys2iPhone is the best way to go.
Have any feedback? Feel free to share it in the comments below.