Just like you can convert Live Photos to video, it is also quite easy to turn them into GIFs. Once you do that, it becomes possible to share these animated images effortlessly across all platforms. Starting with the easiest, let me show you three ways to turn Live Photos into GIFs on iPhone and iPad.
- How to Turn Live Photo into GIF using the Photos App
- How to Turn Live Photo into GIF using Shortcuts
- How to Convert Live Photo to GIF using Third-Party Apps
How to Turn Live Photo into GIF using the Photos App
- Open the Photos app and tap on Albums from the bottom. Scroll down and tap on Live Photos.
- Tap on a Live Photo.
- Swipe up. Under Effects, you will see four options – Live, Loop, Bounce, and Long Exposure. Select Loop or Bounce.
- In Loop, the clip plays, after that there is a dissolve animation, and then it plays from the beginning again. This keeps repeating.
- In Bounce, the clip acts like Instagram Boomerang. That is, it plays, and then plays in reverse. This process keeps repeating.
Now, the Live Photo acts as a GIF. Tap on the Share icon to send it easily via chat apps.
How to Turn Live Photo into GIF using Shortcuts
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap on Gallery.
- In the Search box on top, type GIF. You will see some suggestions below. Scroll down and tap on Convert Photos To GIF. Next, tap on Add Shortcut.
- Tap on My Shortcuts from the bottom left.
- Next, tap on Convert Photos To GIF shortcut. It will ask your permission to access photos. Tap OK.
- Tap on Live Photos. On the next screen, tap on one and then tap Done. The shortcut will run and convert the Live Photo to GIF.
- Tap on the Share Icon. Next, tap on Save Image. You may also use one of the available share options to send the GIF directly via iMessage, WhatsApp, and other such apps.
Note: You may also use a third-party shortcut to turn Live Photo into GIF. One good option is to Convert Live To GIF. But, before you do this, make sure to allow untrusted shortcuts on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Convert Live Photo to GIF using Third-Party Apps
- Tap on a Live Photo. It will have the usual circular icon of Live Photo in the lower right.
- If you desire, add text, stickers, etc. After that, tap on the arrow icon.
- On the next screen, tap on Share GIF → Save GIF to save it locally to the Photos app.
Was this exciting for you? I am sure it was! Next, please take a look at our list of finest GIF maker apps for the iPhone. Try a few and see which works the best for you.
These are some of the most straightforward ways to turn a Live Photo into a GIF. Which method excites you the most? For me, the Photos app and Shortcuts method seem to be the quickest. But if you want to edit the GIFs and add some extra elements to it, then GIPHY is an excellent choice.
You may like to read: