In the past, recovering deleted apps from your iPhone or iPad meant relying on a backup or just purchasing it again. But those ways are history now. Compared to the early days, it’s pretty easy to restore accidentally deleted apps on your iPhone or iPad.
Thanks to iCloud, App management is easy and hassle-free. What’s more, re-downloading the app doesn’t cost you anything if you’ve already purchased the app.
How to recover deleted apps on iPhone and iPad
If you’ve set up Family Sharing on your iPhone, you can see the My Purchases option on the All Purchases screen. If not, the method to restore deleted apps remains the same in iOS 16/15 and earlier versions of iOS.
- Launch App Store on your iOS device.
- Now, tap on the profile icon at the top right corner.
- Next, tap Purchased.
- Now, tap the Not on This iPhone menu at the top.
- Find the app that you deleted and wish to re-install. Then, tap on the cloud icon right next to the app, and the installation will begin.
- Alternatively, you can also search for the purchased app on the App Store.
When you download the app (that you’ve already paid for), you won’t be charged again.
You can also read our guide to find out everything you need to know about recovering deleted photos.
Now that you know how this trick works, use it to easily reinstall deleted apps on your iPhone and iPad. Moving beyond this simple hack, we’ve covered quite a few posts related to the App Store. For instance, you can stop auto-play videos before they play and also filter reviews. Give them a look to get the most out of it.
Have any questions? Ask away in the comments!
You might want to take a peek at these posts as well:
- Cannot Connect to App Store on iPhone and iPad [How-to Fix]
- How to Redeem App Store and iTunes Gift Card
- What to do when your iPhone is lost or stolen?
- How to Cancel App Store Subscription from iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more.
Jibin Joseph is an editor at iGeeksBlog and has excellent attention to detail. He is a voracious reader, with interests ranging from philosophy and history to geopolitics and tech. When not reading or correcting grammar, you’d find him engaging in discussions about football. You can follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @4ibin.