When it comes to video recording, iPhones have long been a cut above the rest. But the gap between Apple’s smartphones and Android devices had never looked so wider before. With that said, all the 2019 iPhones come equipped with 4K front-facing camera, which means you can record awesome 4K selfie video on your iPhone 11, 11 Pro or the 11 Pro Max to ramp up your vlogging or rev up selfie-time.
Needless to say but worth taking note of (just in case you have missed out the spec-sheet) that all the rear camera on the iPhone 11 Series devices are also capable of shooting 4K videos. Talking about selfie clips, I have always loved capturing them for sharing some fun-loving moments on social sites. So, I give a thumbs up to this seemingly big upgrade – along with the trendsetter called slofie.
How to Record 4K Selfie with iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
All set to try out the much-improved TrueDepth camera? Well, the latest iPhones record 1080p video at 60 fps by default. Thus, you need to first customize the camera settings to shoot 4K selfie video on your iPhone 11 Series. Let me help you get started!
Step #1. Launch Settings app on your iPhone.
Step #2. Scroll down to find Camera icon and tap on it.
Step #3. Now, tap on Record Video.
It’s time to choose the desired resolution and frame rate.
- 4K at 24 fps: Choose it when you wish to shoot film style 4k video. Not to mention, it’s also the most efficient option (from the storage management point of view) as it will take up just 135MB per minute
- 4K at 30 fps: Go for this to record higher resolution selfie video. In terms of storage, it will take up 170MB per minute
- 4K at 60 fps: Select it to shoot higher resolution and smoother selfie video. But keep it in mind, choose this storage hogging (400MB per minute) option only when you have a ton of storage on your device
Step #5. Next, quit Settings app and open Camera app. Then, switch to the front camera and choose Video. After that, get ready to launch yourself and hit the red shutter button to start recording perfect selfie on your iPhone 11 or 11 Pro (or Pro Max whatever you have).
Shoot Cool Selfies On Your New iPhones…
So, that’s the way you can shoot awesome selfie videos on your latest iPhone. Personally, I think it would have been better had Apple integrated the 4K recording option right inside the Camera app. But I guess the tech giant didn’t do it to prevent the low-storage iPhones like the one with 64GB to get cluttered with 4K videos.
You would also like to take a peek at these posts:
- How to Record Video in PAL format on iPhone
- Best Manual Camera Apps for iPhone and iPad
- How to Create Your Own Wallpaper on iPhone and iPad
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.