Bored of iPhone’s default ringtone? The good news is that you can convert and make a voice memo a ringtone on your iPhone without using a computer. This means you can use your child’s voice or set your partner’s funny voice note as a ringtone. Here’s a quick guide on out how to do it.
Before you begin, ensure you have:
- iPhone running iOS 11 or later.
- A recorded voice memo of not more than 40 seconds.
- The GarageBand app
Note: If you want to use a song, check our guide on how to set a song as a ringtone on your iPhone.
How to set a voice memo as your ringtone on iPhone
- Open the Voice Memos app.
- Select the recording you want to use as your ringtone.
You can also record a new one and use it for your ringtone.
- Tap the three dots and tap Save to Files → Save.
- Next, download and open the GarageBand app on your iPhone.
- Select the preferred instrument, and tap the Project button at the top left.
- Now, hit the loop button at the top right and select Files.
- Select Browse items from the Files app, and tap the recording you saved.
- Now drag and drop the recording as the second track on the timeline.
- Tap the metronome button at the right to disable the metronome.
- Now, trim the recording if it exceeds 40 seconds.
- Tap the downward arrow, and select My Songs.
- Long-press the soundtrack from the GarageBand Recents and select Share.
- Next, tap Ringtone and tap Export at the screen’s top right.
- Select Use sound as and set it as Standard Ringtone.
Using the steps mentioned above, you can easily convert a voice memo into an iPhone ringtone without using a computer. Additionally, you can also assign it to a specific contact or set it as your text tone.
Drop a comment below if you have any other cool iPhone tricks.
- How to set up a custom message reply for incoming calls on iPhone
- WhatsApp video call not working on iPhone? 9 Solutions
- How to make a FaceTime call on Apple Watch (3 quick ways)
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.