The Apple Pencil is used for sketching, taking notes, drawing, and more on iPad. However, one common problem that Apple Pencil users face is misplacing or losing it. If you were wondering how you could find a lost Apple Pencil (1st and 2nd gen), this article has you covered. We’ll help you locate your lost Apple Pencil, as well as provide tips on how to prevent it from happening again.
2 Ways to find a lost Apple Pencil using iPad
Losing your Apple Pencil can be one of the most frustrating experiences. Thankfully, there are a few methods you can employ to try and find your lost Pencil.
1. Use Bluetooth connectivity
You can employ this method if you have the iPad paired with your Apple Pencil.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
- Navigate to the Bluetooth option.
- If your Apple Pencil is still Connected to your iPad, you can ensure yourself that Apple Pencil is somewhere within 30 feet of your iPad.
Now, just look around you! You should be able to find the lost puppy!
2. Use Wunderfind app to find lost Apple Pencil
Apart from the method mentioned above, you can use the Wunderfind app to find out the approximate distance between your iPad and Apple Pencil in meters.
- Download the Wunderfind app from the App Store.
- Once the download is complete, launch the Wunderfind app.
- Tap OK when prompted, allowing the app to use Bluetooth.
- If you want to use the app for free, just close the payment interface.
- You’ll now be able to view the accessories connected accessories to your iPad.
- Select the Apple Pencil from the menu, and a radar depicting the signal of the Apple Pen will appear.
- You can follow the same until the signal strength reaches 100%.
- When you find the Apple Pencil, tap I found it to conclude the search.
The simplest way to locate any Bluetooth-enabled accessories, including a lost Apple Pencil, is to use this method. However, the accessories must be connected to your iPad in order for this to function properly.
Note: The Wunderfind app might take some time to accurately locate the devices. Please wait for some time so that the app loads the required data. However, please note that the app is not a hundred percent reliable.
Other ways to find a lost Apple Pencil
Note that neither method mentioned above works if your Apple Pencil is discharged or not connected to Bluetooth. If otherwise, you might have to try some workarounds mentioned below:
- Track your steps back: Think about the last place you left it and follow the path back. If you’ve got a cluttered work surface, it’s possible that you’ve misplaced it in a stack of papers or underneath a laptop. Try to recall where you came from methodically to ensure you haven’t simply moved your Pencil from one spot to another.
- Shuffle through your belongings: In the worst-case scenario, it’s a good idea to shuffle through your belongings. Your Pencil could be hiding anywhere around you. Make sure to look for any spaces in which the Apple Pencil could have fallen, such as between couch cushions, under furniture, or in drawers.
Tips and tricks to keep your Apple Pencil safe
Losing an accessory may occur due to bad luck, and there’s nothing you can do about it. But precaution is better than cure. Taking the necessary steps and tweaking your habits a bit can reduce the chances of losing your Apple Pencil.
- Develop a habit of keeping your Apple Pencil in its designated place so that you don’t have to play prop hunting every time you’re in a hurry.
- Ensure that your Apple Pencil is charged after every use so that you can make use of Bluetooth to locate the same.
- Alternatively, you can attach the Apple Pencil to your iPad using a tether, making it impossible to lose.
- You can consider attaching an Air Tag to Apple Pencil, making it easy for you to find the same even if the accessory is discharged or not connected.
Keeping your Apple Pencil safe doesn’t require a magic solution. It just requires one to be responsible, and the above-mentioned pointers should help you get started.
If you’ve exhausted all your options and still can’t find your Apple Pencil, you may need to consider purchasing a new one. Before you do, though, double-check all the places you’ve been and ask anyone you’ve been around if they’ve seen it. You may also want to contact Apple Support for additional assistance.
Yes, you can opt for Find my App or Bluetooth Finder App for the same.
Never get scolded by your mom again!
Losing an Apple Pencil can be frustrating, but with the above methods and prevention tips, you can minimize the chances of it happening. Even if you end up losing it, follow any procedure that suits you the best before your mom or partner finds out. Once that happens, there is no coming back.
Under any circumstance, if you’re unable to find your lost or stolen Apple Pencil, feel free to drop your concerns below, and I’ll be at your service.
- How to change Safari search engine on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to extract audio from video on iPhone and iPad
- Best compass apps for iPhone and iPad
- iPhone compass not working? 11 Ways to fix it!
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.