With the advent of technology, the amount of sensitive content on the internet has increased. You never know when you might receive or mistakenly send something inappropriate. As a result, it’s essential to have control over such sensitive or explicit material.
If this problem concerns you as well, Apple has come to your rescue with iOS 17. Whether you’re a concerned parent or simply value a more mindful browsing experience, use this guide to enable Sensitive Content Warning on iPhone in iOS 17.
- What is Sensitive Content Warning in iOS 17?
- How to turn on Sensitive Content Warning on iPhone and iPad
What is Sensitive Content Warning in iOS 17?
Aimed to protect users from potentially offensive or distressing content, the Sensitive Content Warning feature is a blessing in disguise integrated with iOS17.
This communication safety feature uses on-device machine learning to detect images and videos that may contain sensitive material. It identifies violence, sexual content, or graphic imagery and hides them behind a blurred thumbnail with a warning label.
Further, users can adjust the Sensitive Content Warning through the device’s settings for particular applications and tools to customize their experience.
It is important to note that this feature does not filter out all sensitive content but rather gives users an added layer of protection while chatting, video calling, or sharing content across their Apple devices.
How to turn on Sensitive Content Warning on iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app → Tap Privacy & Security.
- Select Sensitive Content Warning → Toggle on Sensitive Content Warning.
- Further, you can decide which App & Services should comply with these settings. Just toggle them on.
- Apple also enables you to improve the readability of this feature by toggling on Improve Sensitive Content Warning.
- You can trace back the same steps to disable Sensitive Content Warning for your iPhone.
Apps that support Sensitive Content Waring
There are a series of applications used on a day-to-day basis that play a very prominent role in our lives and have been enriched with this amazing feature. Let’s hover through them all:
- Phone app (Contact Posters)
- Many third-party apps are expected to receive the support for this feature in the near future.
Unfortunately, iOS 17 does not provide a customizable sensitivity level for the Sensitive Content Warning feature.
While the Sensitive Content Warning feature aims to provide a warning before accessing sensitive or explicit content, it may not block all instances of such content. Its effectiveness depends on the accuracy of the content classification system.
No, iOS 17 does not offer a way to bypass the Sensitive Content Warning for the services you have given access. The feature applies universally to all content that falls under the defined sensitivity level or age restrictions.
Protect your devices from obscenity!
Using the method prescribed above, you will rest assured that your device’s content is neat and friendly. Empower yourself with greater control and awareness over the content you encounter by making the most of this feature.
Thank you for reading. Don’t hesitate to drop your thoughts in the comments below.
- 15+ Best iOS 17 tips and tricks you should know!
- How to set up and use Personal Voice
- How to use Apple Maps offline in iOS 17 on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.