The Zoom feature on Apple Watch is a lifesaver for people with vision problems. Despite the tiny screen size of the device, it enables users to view details on the screen more clearly. The watch lets you zoom out, scroll the screen, and zoom in with basic finger motions. Keep reading to learn how to enable and use Zoom on your Apple Watch.
- How to turn on Zoom on Apple Watch
- Use iPhone to turn on Zoom for Apple Watch
- How to control Zoom on Apple Watch
How to turn on Zoom on Apple Watch
- Press Digital Crown.
- Head to Settings → Accessibility.
- Tap Zoom.
- Toggle on Zoom.
Note: Adjust the zooming by tapping the plus or minus button on the Maximum Zoom Level.
Use iPhone to turn on Zoom for Apple Watch
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap My Watch.
- Go to Accessibility → Zoom.
- Toggle on Zoom.
Note: You can limit the max zoom by dragging the Maximum Zoom Level slider.
Enable hand gestures for Zoom
- Go to Watch app → My Watch.
- Tap Accessibility → Zoom → Hand Gestures.
- Toggle on Hand Gestures.
- Choose any option below Customize Gestures. I’m choosing Double Clench.
- Double Clench
- Double Pinch
- Select Toggle Zoom. You can also choose Pan Forward, Pan Backward, or None.
Moreover, to get the Visual Signal feature, you can also activate the Activation Gesture.
Tap on Activation Gesture → choose one from Double Clench or Double Pinch → toggle on Visual Signal.
Use accessibility shortcut on Apple Watch
- Launch the Watch app → Accessibility.
- Scroll down and tap Accessibility Shortcut.
- Select Zoom.
You’ve now created the shortcut to open Zoom. To enable/disable the shortcut function, press the Digital Crown three times.
How to control Zoom on Apple Watch
Now that you have enabled Zoom on your Apple Watch, scroll down to learn about controlling Zoom on your Apple Watch.
- Zoom in or out: Use two fingers to double-tap the Apple Watch screen.
- Move around the screen: With two fingers, you can drag the screen in the direction you wish to proceed. The small Zoom button on the Apple Watch display indicates your precise location on the screen.
- Using Digital Crown: Use the Digital Crown to move up-down and left-right around the display. Tap the watch with two fingers to activate the feature.
- Modify the magnification: To adjust the magnification, double-tap the watch screen with two fingers and drag your fingers up or down to get the perfect view.
The Apple Watch’s Zoom function is a godsend for visually challenged people, but it may be an annoying feature if you are not one of them. You just need to Zoom out on your Apple Watch to get rid of that inconvenience. Comment on whether you think the Zoom option on the Apple Watch is a boon or a bane.
- How to use AssistiveTouch on Apple Watch
- How to Zoom In and Zoom Out Video on iPhone and iPad
- How to Turn Off Display Zoom on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.