If you like to travel and explore different regions, you must know how hard it is to remember all places you’ve been to or wish to visit. Apple Maps allows every user to easily mark or save a specific location on their iPhone, so they don’t have to worry about remembering it. So, why wait? Let’s take a look at how you can drop, save, and share location pins on Apple Maps.
- How to drop a location pin in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
- How to share location pins from iPhone or iPad
- How to save pins as favorites in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
- How to view all favorite location pins in Apple Maps
- How to remove a marked pin in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
How to drop a location pin in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
- Launch the Maps app on your iPhone.
- Hover over the region you wish to drop a pin over.
You can search for the location too.
- Press and hold the area until a Pin appears.
- Select Move to place the pin accurately using the Satellite view.
- Once confirmed, tap Done.
If you have the exact address, then type in the location from the search bar to mark the location.
- Launch the Maps app.
- Press and hold the area of your preference to drop a pin or tap an existing pin.
- Tap the Share icon → Select the platform of your choice.
How to save pins as favorites in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
- Follow the above steps to drop a new pin or choose an existing pin.
- Swipe up the Dropped Pin menu.
- Scroll down the sheet and select Add to Favorites.
How to view all favorite location pins in Apple Maps
- Launch Maps.
- Swipe up the search bar.
- Tap More next to Favorites.
- Now, you can select any location among the marked ones.
How to remove a marked pin in Apple Maps on iPhone or iPad
If you have changed your mind about a certain place and wish to remove it from your saved locations, you may do the following:
- Launch Maps → Swipe up the search bar → Tap More next to Favorites.
- Tap Edit at the bottom left.
- Drag the hamburger icon to shift the position of a marked location and tap the Minus (-) icon to remove the same.
- Tap Done once you have confirmed your preferences.
Yes, by following the method to mark a location, you can drop multiple pins on Apple Maps using iPhone.
No, dropping a pin indicates the location of a particular place on the Map. It doesn’t share real-time location of a person or thing in motion.
Yes, with the introduction of iOS 17, you can download and view Apple Maps offline on your iPhone.
You must have already gauged from this article that Apple Maps is nothing less than a gem for iPhone users. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can drop a pin on a location and share it with others in the quickest way possible. If you’re stuck somewhere in the process, feel free to drop your concerns below. I’d be happy to help.
- Apple Maps vs. Google Maps: Which is ideal for your iPhone?
- 19 Best Apple Maps tips and tricks for iPhone
- How to change Apple Maps voice on iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.