Did you know that you can drop a pin on any location in Apple Maps and come back to it later? Oh yes, mark it up to use it as you see fit, from saving the location for a future trip to finding the location’s exact latitude and longitude.
Interesting, right? But what exactly is it, and how does it work? Well, here’s the all-inclusive guide you’ll need to learn everything about pinning locations in Apple Maps.
- What does marked location mean in Apple Maps?
- How to pin a location on Apple Maps
- Save pins as favorites in the Maps on iPhone
- How do I drop multiple pins on Apple Maps
- Share marked locations in the Apple Maps on iPhone
- How to delete pins in the Apple Maps
What does marked location mean in Apple Maps?
When you open the Apple Maps app on your iPhone or iPad, a blue pin highlights your current location. Now, you can mark any surrounding or far-flung location, dropping a pin over it.
As explained earlier, this red pin can come in handy to find directions and distance, share locations, add the address to a contact, and more.
Notably, pins are temporary, and you can only drop one pin simultaneously. But thankfully, you can save them to favorites or guides for later.
How to pin a location on Apple Maps
- In the Maps app, touch and hold the location where you want to drop the pin.
- When the red marker appears, click Edit Location to see the satellite image.
- Drag the image around to precisely set your pin location and tap Done.
If you have the exact address of the location, type it in the search bar. Now, long-press the screen until the pin marker appears to mark the desired location.
Pro tip: If you can’t mark a location, just zoom in a little on the map and try again.
Save pins as favorites in the Maps on iPhone
- Tap the pin to invoke the options menu.
- Pull it up by sliding your finger in an upward direction.
- Here, tap Add to Favorites.
To remove the pin from your favorites, tap the pin and select Remove from Favorites. You will also find some other exciting options here:
- Save the marked location to Guides: Tap + Save to…
- Connect the address to contact: Select Create New Contact or Add to Existing Contact.
How do I drop multiple pins on Apple Maps?
Technically speaking, the iOS Maps app only allows you to pin one location at a time, but I have a smart workaround for it.
- Drop a pin at the first location and add it to favorites.
- Now, mark the next location and add that to favorites as well.
Repeat the steps to mark as many locations on Apple Maps as you want.
You can share a pinned location to anyone via AirDrop, WhatsApp, Messages/iMessage, and others. There are two methods to do so:
- Tap the pin once and select the Share icon from the options.
- Long-press the pin until a menu appears and select Share Location.
How to delete pins in the Apple Maps
There are multiple ways to remove a marked pin; pick the one that suits you the most:
- Tap the pin once and select Remove.
- Long-press the pin and select Remove Marker.
Now, if you have added multiple pins to favorites, here’s how to remove them from the favorites menu.
Pull up the menu with the search bar, and tap See All placed in front of the Favorites section. Here, slide left the location you want to remove and select delete.
Imagine that you have to visit ten different places due to some work in a day. Wouldn’t it be easier and time-saving to pin them all to favorites instead of typing the address after each destination?
As I said earlier, once you learn to drop a pin in Apple Maps, your life and travels will get so much easier.
Want to know some more amazing Apple Maps features? Check out these posts: