While compared to its siblings, watchOS 9.5 may not be the show’s star. That doesn’t mean it’s not worth exploring. If you want to enjoy the watchOS 9.5 features such as medication tracking, true sleep tracking, new watch faces, and others, you can download watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch.
But remember that it might have bugs and other issues affecting your overall experience. Now that you have decided to continue installing watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch, let’s see which models will get the latest watchOS update:
- Apple Watch Series 4, 5, 6, 7, or SE.
- watchOS 9.5 is compatible with iPhone 8 and later models
If your Apple Watch and iPhone support the latest watchOS update, let’s look at what you need to follow to download and install watchOS 9.5 on your Apple Watch.
- What’s new in the watchOS 9.5?
- How to register and enroll your device for the watchOS 9.5 public beta 5
- How to install the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch
- Install the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 using your iPhone
- When will the final version of watchOS 9.5 roll out?
What’s new in the watchOS 9.5?
- Medications app
- Custom workouts
- Sleep stage tracking
- Four new watch faces
- AFib History
- Redesigned notifications
- Apple Watch mirroring
To start exploring these and other improvements, learn how to download and install watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch, as explained below.
Note: We don’t recommend installing iOS 16 beta and watchOS 9.5 beta on your primary devices. This is because bugs and performance issues in the beta versions could make your device unusable. Moreover, you cannot roll back to watchOS 8 after installing watchOS 9.5 beta.
How to register and enroll your device for the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2
The first step to downloading the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 is registering and enrolling in Apple’s public beta Program. Here’s how:
- On your iPhone paired to your Apple Watch, go to the Apple Beta Program website.
- Tap Sign up.
If you’ve previously signed up, tap Sign in and skip to step 5 below.
- Enter your Apple ID email address and password.
- Tap Sign In.
- Read the terms and conditions and tap Accept to agree.
- Go to beta.apple.com on your paired iPhone.
- Tap the watchOS tab and click Download profile.
- Select Allow when prompted for permission to install a profile.
- Tap Install to begin.
- Enter your Passcode if prompted.
- Tap Install at the top and hit Install again to confirm.
- Hit Restart → tap Done.
Your Apple Watch will reboot. Once done, follow the next part.
How to install the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch
After the enrollment process explained above, follow the steps below to get the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2.
- On your Apple Watch, go to Settings → General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install → hit OK.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and tap Agree to accept.
The installation process will begin.
Install the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 using your iPhone
Note: Ensure your iPhone is connected to a strong Wi-Fi network before moving on to the below steps.
- Open the Watch app and go to the My Watch tab.
- Go to General→ Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode.
- Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree.
Make sure your Apple Watch is charged to at least 50% and connect it to its magnetic charger.
- Tap Install on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
When will the final version of watchOS 9.5 roll out?
You can expect a few more beta versions of watchOS 9.5 over the coming months. The official final version of the update will most likely launch in early Fall 2022 for all supported Apple Watch models.
Of course, the final version will be free, and you will not need to be enrolled in the beta program.
That wraps up the process of downloading the watchOS 9.5 public beta 2 on your Apple Watch. If you’re not a beta user, you can always speed up your Apple Watch performance running watchOS 7 or later with these easy to follow tips and tricks. If you have tried the beta version, let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- How to download and install iOS 16 public beta on iPhone
- How to download and install iPadOS 16 public beta on iPad
- Download and install macOS 13 Ventura public beta on your Mac
- How to use Apple Watch with a cellular network
Anoop loves to find solutions for all your doubts on Tech. When he's not on his quest, you can find him on Twitter talking about what's in his mind.