Over a billion people love to use Instagram. We frequently come across fantastic images and videos that we want to save locally to the Photos app. Sadly, there is no inbuilt solution in the Instagram app itself. But don’t worry, we have got you covered with a detailed guide on how to download Instagram videos and photos to your iPhone camera roll.
- Save Instagram videos or photos to iPhone Camera Roll using Shortcuts
- Download Instagram Videos and Photos on iPhone using Inflact
- Take screenshot or screen recording on iPhone
- Use a Repost iOS app
- How to save Instagram photos and videos on Computer
Save Instagram videos or photos to iPhone Camera Roll using Shortcuts
Before You Begin: Open the Settings app on your iPhone → Shortcuts → and enable Allow Untrusted Shortcuts.
- Get Instagram Media shortcut by clicking on this link. Next, scroll down and tap on Add Untrusted Shortcut.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and go to the post you wish to download.
- Tap the three dots icon in the upper left of a photo or video. Next, choose Copy Link.
- Open the Shortcuts app → My Shortcuts → tap on the Instagram Media shortcut.
- Whenever asked, tap OK to give access permissions to this shortcut. After that, the Instagram picture or video will be saved to the iPhone Photos app.
Helpful Tip: You can add this shortcut to your iPhone Home Screen. This will eliminate the need to open the Shortcut app each time (step 4 above). You can copy the post link and tap on Instagram Media shortcut directly from the Home Screen.
Download Instagram videos and photo on iPhone using Inflact
- Open Safari on your iPhone and visit Inflact.com.
- Tap on the hamburger icon from the upper-right. Next, tap on Instagram Downloader.
- You will see various options to download photos, videos, IGTV, etc. Tap on the one you need.
- Open the Instagram app and visit the image or video post. Tap on the three dots icon from the upper-right. Next, tap on Copy Link.
- Paste the link on this website and tap SEARCH. If you want to download IGTV, enter the account username.
- Tap on Download. It will open in a new tab. Tap on Download again.
- Tap on the arrow icon and select the downloaded file.
- Tap on the share icon and choose Save Image or Save Video from the Share Sheet. The Instagram post is successfully saved to the Camera Roll.
- In the steps above, I used Inflact.com. You are free to use other similar websites like DownloadGram.com. The steps are almost identical.
- Next, visit any site mentioned above in the browser section of this app. If needed, you can take help from our article, where we showed how to download Twitter videos on iPhone using this app.
Take screenshot or screen recording on iPhone
To save an Instagram photo, you can take a screenshot and then crop the unwanted parts. For Instagram video posts, you can see how to record your entire iPhone screen.
Use a Repost iOS app
Repost apps are primarily used to post somebody else’s Instagram post to your profile. However, these apps locally save the file to the iPhone Camera Roll before you hit the final repost button.
So, this little hack can also be used to download Instagram photos. Just know that most of these apps require a premium purchase to remove the username from the image. However, Reposter for Instagram seems to be an exception.
How to save Instagram photos and videos on Computer
You can use all the sites mentioned above on your Mac or Windows PC to download media from Instagram. If you want to make things easy, check out 4K Stogram. It lets you download your profile as well as anybody’s entire Instagram profile in just a few steps – even if the account is private! The app works exceptionally well.
These are some of the ways to download Instagram photos and videos to your iPhone or iPad, and computer.
Additionally, if you like a post and wish to save it for later, tap on the ribbon icon in the bottom right of any Instagram picture or video. I use it to save Instagram ads I like and may want to return to them in the future. To see all your saved posts, tap on your profile icon → hamburger icon from the top-right → Saved.
You would like to read these posts as well:
Hi Ankur! I’m trying to use the Shortcuts option. I’m running iOS 15.1.1 on iPhone 12 Pro Max and the settings doesn’t have an option to “allow untrusted shortcuts” nor is there an option to “allow untrusted shortcut” in the Instagram Shortcut. I’ve going on through the steps without those two but continue to get an error message “No URL Specified: make sure to pass a valid URL To the Get Contents of URL action”. Would you be willing to review and add the steps for iOS 15 and update your blog post? That would be fantastic. ThNk you in advance.
Yes surely, we will update the blog post ASAP and ping you again.
Everyone loves it when folks get together and share views.
Great site, stick with it!