Gone are the days when you depended on third-party apps and websites to download your favorite Reels. Instagram has now made it extremely easy for users to save Reels in the Photos gallery with music. If you’re as excited as I am, let’s get started with the quick and simple guide to downloading Instagram Reels on iPhone.
- How to download Instagram Reels on iPhone
- How to upload downloadable Reels on Instagram on iPhone
- How to save Instagram Reels that can’t be downloaded officially on your iPhone
How to download Instagram Reels on iPhone
- While viewing a Reel on Instagram, tap the Share icon.
- Now, tap the Download option from the share menu.
- Let the process run its course.
- Once downloaded, you can access the respective reel in your Photo gallery.
You won’t be able to see the Download button if:
- The Reel was uploaded before the feature was launched by Instagram.
- The author has disabled the option to download their Reels.
How to upload downloadable Reels on Instagram on iPhone
It may come as a surprise, but this feature is not common for all. Only users with public accounts can enable this feature. Here’s how you can do it while uploading a Reel:
- Launch Instagram on your iPhone.
- Tap the (+) icon to create a new post → Select the Reel option.
- Now, either choose an existing video or record a new one.
I have recorded a video.
- Hit Next and edit the Reel as you desire.
- Once it’s finished, tap Next for the final touch-up → Hit OK if prompted.
Then, fill in the details as you normally would
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down and toggle on Allow people to download your reels.
- Head back and post your Reel! That’s it; you’ve posted a downloadable Reel!
Note: When this feature is enabled, anyone can download your public Reels, original audio, and remixes.
How to save Instagram Reels that can’t be downloaded officially on your iPhone
While this feature poses a great deal of accessibility, it has its limitations. Nonetheless, if you stumble upon a non-downloadable Reel on your iPhone, here are a series of workarounds you can consider.
1. Use third-party app
You can download Instagram Reels using various apps available on the App Store. Below, I’ll demonstrate how you can do it using Blackhole Splitter.
- Download the app Blackhole Spliter on your iPhone.
- Now, open the Instagram app.
- Go to the Reels section and scroll like you normally do.
- If you find a non-downloadable reel, tap the Share icon.
- Hit Copy link.
- Now head back to Blackhole Spliter app.
- Tap the black circle in the middle.
- Choose Allow Paste when prompted.
If you’re a first-timer, also Allow Full Access to the Photos Library.
- Finally, let the download run its course. You know the reel is saved when you see the Download done alert.
- You can access the downloaded reel in the Photos app.
2. Use third-party tools
Various downloader tools offer the option to save Instagram Reels on iPhone.
I have used IG Downloader as it is seamless and allows you to download Insta Reels, photos, and more in a jiffy. It will save Reels in the form of a shareable video in the Downloads folder. To use it:
- Go to IG Downloader.
- Paste the Instagram video link → Tap enter.
- Now, hit the download button.
The best part is that you can use the tool to download Reels on Mac as well.
3. Use Screen Recorder
Although not recommended due to privacy concerns, you can use the iPhone’s native Screen Recorder to capture Instagram Reels with audio.
Additionally, ensure you enable Do Not Disturb mode before recording. Otherwise, notifications may appear in the recording.
- Summon the Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap the screen record button (the icon with a solid circle within a circle).
- The screen recorder starts after a three-second countdown.
- Open Instagram and play the Reel.
- Alternatively, open Control Center and press the same button to stop recording.
- Once done, tap the red button showing the time in the Status bar.
- The Reel will be saved and can be accessed from Photos.
If you are unable to record the audio with Screen Recorder, you might not have granted Microphone access to Screen Recorder. For more tips, I recommend checking our guide on how to record screen on iPhone.
Note: If your iOS native screen recording crashes Instagram, you can opt for third-party screen recorder apps.
Video on how to download Instagram Reels on iPhone
Downloading and using content from Instagram should comply with the platform’s terms of service. It’s important to respect copyright and intellectual property rights when downloading and sharing content.
No, Instagram doesn’t notify users when someone downloads their Reel. However, always be mindful of respecting content creators and using downloaded content responsibly.
Download pixel-perfect delights!
There you have it, your ticket to saving those Insta-moments on your iPhone! Just make sure you’re rocking that tech responsibly, respecting the creators who make your scroll-worthy content possible. Happy downloading, and may your Reel collection shine brighter than your last Instagram filter experiment.
Thank you for reading. Please take a moment to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.
- How to change or reset Instagram password on iPhone
- How to use Instagram Collab feature on iPhone
- How to turn on or off Quiet Mode in Instagram on iPhone
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.